Monday, March 27, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 4... Contacting in the Rain!

As a zone leader I have so much to do each week in the ciber... But let's go, I'm gonna get you guys informed :) 

Sounds like the Women's Conference was awesome, the pics sent me for a bit of a loop Mom haha! (one year ago yesterday was Alex's mission Farewell, so I sent him a couple of pics from that).

It was weird, this week, I just had this weird feeling that this second year is gonna pass by way fast, and I'm going to go home, and BOOM. That's it. I'll be an RM. It was kind of a weird thought, and weirdly, I felt like I didn't want it to happen. I just need to use my time wisely right now, so that I can look back on the mission satisfied :) 

This week was hard. Again. My zone is really struggling right now, so we're planning an emergency reunion de zona (Zone Meeting) this week to get some animo going and have more success in April. I want to share the story of Buster Douglas with them, cause it's really sick, and strangely, I think it's going to help us focus on the Atonement, so we're gonna use it - with permission of course. (Here's the link for anyone who isn't familiar with the story...)




I had a really simple, but really nice experience this week. We were contacting outside, and I hadn't brought my jacket, cause we left in a hurry (fool), when it started to drizzle. No biggie, we kept contacting. Then, all the sudden, it started pouring. We had nowhere to go, just contacts, and it was pouring. We had been working for hours, and there was a member who lived close, so we decided we were going to go to his house and pass the rain. As we were walking, soaked to the bones, a quiet thought came to my mind that said "Jesucristo would stay out here if he was looking for you" I stopped in my tracks, and in the middle of the pouring rain, I said "Che, I know this is crazy, but let's just keep contacting. The Savior would do it for us". So we did. We continued contacting in the rain. The people still shut their doors in our faces, but I ended up feeling really good, because I had a chance to show Heavenly Father that I love him. So that was a really cool experience that I had this week. 

As far as other things, there are two people who need prayers. Jasmin and Augustin. They're new investigators that show promise, so we'll see how they go. 

That's honestly pretty much it. I'm slugging it out out here. I'm sure these clouds will pass though, and I'm almost grateful for the struggles because they're shaping me into the leader that the Lord needs me to be. 

FAMILY! I love you guys! It's crazy to think, but we're almost past the year already! I'll be seeing you guys in no time! 

MOM AND DAD! Thank you so much for all your support, you're making my mission possible! I love you! Be good and give dinner to the missionaries! AND SERVE DESSERT! - Elder Jimenez 

Here is a video of Alex's Apartment. I'll try to transcribe it later if I have time. Until then, he's just describing all the stuff in the apartment... some extra desks, the large room with high ceiling, two microwaves (one works, one doesn't), no dirty dishes, the washing machine that loads from the top, his bed - with sleeping bag, a map of the city of Trelew - which he says has about 20 missionaries, but the top corner he zooms in on is his HUGE area, and the car... is NOT theirs.




No comments:

Post a Comment