Monday, March 20, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 3... Defining Humility

Hello family! This week was definitely interesting. It sounds like you guys are working a ton over there! I'm way excited for that package. Also, CONGRATS TO COLBY! That kid is gonna love his mission! Mom or Dad: Could you guys send me his email? 

Aaaanyways, this week was interesting. On Tuesday, we had emergency divisions because one of our elders had to go to Comodoro. I got to do a short division with my District Leader. He gave me a talk that was really, really good called "El Misionero Desafiante y Testificante" (The Testifying and Challenging Missionary). It helped me see that I need to have more faith that the Holy Ghost is going to speak to the people when I testify. 


On Wednesday, I did my first official division with the other District Leader in my zone, Elder Jimenez (from Buenos Aires). I'm sure you can imagine that we had a fun day XD It was a cool experiece to be able to teach him and help him with his responsibilities. 


Thursday morning we did inspections of the apartments, and our missionaries are actually doing really good! I was really surprised with how clean our zone is. 


As far as our area is concerned, we're struggling a bit. The investigators that we are finding are not progressing, and I don't really feel like we're helping much. Dominguez is working well, but he's tired. It's hard, because he has a very independent personality, and likes to lead, but he's struggling to have energy right now. However, that doesn't mean that we're not working. I too have been tired lately, but we're still putting in the hours out in the street. What we need is more faith. 


Dominguez is way trunky (zoom in on the name of the vid) XD
(LDS Missionaries Coming Home Mix)

All these new trials are teaching me a valuable lesson: HUMILITY. Humility is the version of confidence that comes from righteousness. If one is humble, they recognize their constant need of the Lord, and they give Him the glory when they have success. I believe that this is a valuable lesson for me to learn early on as a Zone Leader. These past weeks, I believe that I was trying to do things on my own. As Ether 12:27 says, the Lord sent me trials to humble me. Now, through careful study, I'm learning what it means to be humble, and I'm starting to rely on the Lord more fully. As I turn more to Him, I know I'll have more exito (success), and as I have more exito, I will give the glory to the Lord. I think that that's something that's not happening among the Zone Leaders in this mission. It will be a good change to make. 

Returning to the week, we found a new investigator named Veronica. With the animo
 (encouragement) that I gained from the talk I mentioned earlier, we boldly entered into her house, testified of the truth, and put down a fecha (date)! She wasn't able to attend church for several reasons, which was hard, but we're not giving up. 

Sweet sign for missionaries lol 
(Pone is in vos just so y'all understand, its a command lol)
SET THE DATE!

March has been a hard month for my zone, but we're keeping our heads up, making changes (mostly me needing and making changes) and we're going to have a great April! So yeah, that's what I feel this week. 

Mom, I know you'll do great with the FHE, make sure to testify :) FAMILY! I love you guys! Thanks for supporting me out here :) 


MOM: You already know that youre my inspiration out here :) I tell Dominguez about you every day! 


LOVE YOU! And send Abuela, Grandma, and Grandpa saludos :) - Elder Jimenez


And... The Trelew picture we've been waiting for... 
Mimosa Avenue


And to Jose...
I'm gonna hold you to that promise haha! BYU just sucks. But go Badgers! And go Colby! He's going to the same mission as Kess Gibson. Pray for him if he's ever her District/Zone leader lol! (That kind of applies to all hermanas in general though haha!) 

I think that the Lord has been leaving me a bit solo to teach me humility lately. Once I learn my lesson, these trials will pass. I can't believe that you're searching for work again! You should go back to school and become a Professor :) I think thats what I'm going to do with my life. Professor of Kinesiologia :) 

Anyways, the German culture down here is huge. It's a totally normal thing for these guys to see people talking German, especially if they're from the north. For example, if you're in Misiones or Formosa, the majority of the rich people are Germans, and the majority are Nazi children. I even met a guy in Tolhuin who told me that his ancestors were Nazi war criminals lol. He was at least sad about it though :) 

Thank you so much for your prayers. The work in this mission is honestly going horribly this month. We've got 12 baptisms so far this month. In the mision. And that's coming off a 30 baptism month last month (that was our highest month with Pte. Salerno). It's okay though, because as I pass through these hard times, I'll learn quicker and have more success later. 

Dad, I really do love and respect you. Thank you for raising me so well and loving my mother. Do something nice for her from me! 

LOVE YOU! -Elder Still a Pats Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment