Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 1/2... Midweek Note from new area

There goes Mom, ruining surprises! I don't know how y'all found out, but yes, I've been transferred to Trelew, serving as Lider de Zona! I still feel sick to my stomach about the whole situation, but change is the tema of my mission hasta ahora (change is the theme of my mission up to now), so I'm sure I'll settle in eventually. 



Carnival in Rio Gallegos


I didn't get to write on Monday because it was carnaval in Rio Gallegos and everything was closed. Monday at 6pm, I got on a bus, and I got to Trelew at 11am on Tuesday. So that was fun XD The crazy thing is that I'm going back down to Comodoro (5 hour bus ride) today for a training, and consejo on Friday, so de verdad I got transferred to the colectivo/hotel zona serving as a tourist haha! (back to Comodoro for Zone Leader Meeting, so really I got transferred to the Bus/Hotel Zone as a tourist!)

The despedidas in Gallegos were sad, but I've never been that sentimental about saying goodbye, so it wasn't too bad. The members supported me sooooo much though. Familia Vargas made me a special lunch and gave me facturas at the terminal, I got a tie from Joel, and a tie with alfajores from te Cutitn, so it was like second Christmas haha! 

Saying goodbye at the bus terminal

The sadness did hit me though when the colectivo was leaving Rio Gallegos & months of my life, and a lot of people I love. But now there's work to do, so gotta get to it. The whole Zone Leader thing is taking up all my capacity haha! My new companion is Elder Dominguez from Durango, Mexico, so that's a big plus. I met him in Ushuaia when I was in Tolhuin, and he's a capo. He finishes the mission in 6 weeks, so he'll be my third comp that I put to rest. 

Trelew is hot. Like really hot. I think the I said the phrase "Che, hace calor, de verdad" (Boy, it's really hot!) like 30 times yesterday! It's probably not actually that hot, but I was down in the frozen tundra for a year and my heat resistance is weak haha! I can already tell the being a Lider de Zona is hard. Probably the hardest assignment in the mission. It's so much extra work and stress on top of wanting to work and baptize. I know the Lord will support me though, so I'll be fine! My zone only has 14 missionaries, so it's nice and small. I've got a lot of friends in Trelew Norte and Puerto Madryn as well (Elder Cole, Elder Tiffany, Hermana Garcia...) so conferences with Presidente will be fun. (Those are the two closest zones to Alex, and it sounds like they combine for Conferences with President Salerno.) 

The pension is really sweet, so I'm happy about that. The change was hard for me, but I'll be good to go in a week. It's like a running a race, the first mile always sucks, but then you hit your stride, and you coast. So that's what I'm hoping for. 

Anyways, I'd love to tell you guys all about what happened in my last week in Gallegos, but I'm honestly having a hard time remembering my last name right now. Viviana and her son Luciano are gold, so I left some good investigators. Speaking of my last name, there's another Elder Jimenez from Buenos Aires in my zone, and he's a capo. So he decided that I'm Jimenez Capo (Jimenez Boss) and he's Jimenez Piola (Jimenez Cool). I'm wearing his name tag right now XD 

Aaaaaaanyways, that's pretty much all I've got for you guys. If I think of anything else in these moments, I'll send another email, but I'm pretty sure that's all. 

FAMILY: I love you guys so much!!!! Pumped to talk to y'all in April (I think he meant May), it's right around the corner! MOM: Your awesome! I love you! 

Ciaocitos ;) - Elder Jimenez Capo

After much pleading on my part, Alex told me his actual area...
It's called Union 1, I'll just let you know off the bat, there are some sketchy areas, but seriously, I'll be fine. Don't research it though, cause the internet will make it seem worse than it is!

And to Jose...
Just another legendary sports event that I can add to the list of things I missed (BYU beating #1 Gonzaga). God is playing games with me haha! Anyways, how did zone leadership go for you in your mission? How did you adjust? I feel like a scared little boy walking around with Elder Dominguez. Running 20 miles in a snowstorm is madness. It's also crazy that you guys are suffering snow storms up there, cause I'm burning up in a fiery hell down here. I'm gonna be cooked well done by the end of this transfer, en serio (seriously)! I'll be looking forward to your answers! 

LOVE YOU! - Elder Gimenez <- The Argentine way ðŸ˜‚


Carlos, the ice cream investigator turned new member!

And finally... the promised BOCA jersey pics


No comments:

Post a Comment