Monday, March 6, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 1... Stress and Work

What a week. What even happened this week?!?!? 

Alright, I remember that on Monday, I left Rio Gallegos in the morning. When I got here to Trelew, I wrote you guys on Miercoles (Wednesday), so I'm just gonna start there. 

After writing you guys, I got back on a bus to go down to Comodoro, and that lasted for 6 hours. We got down there, ate dinner in the hotel, and went to bed. It was cool though because all the new missionaries and trainers were there, so I got to meet the newbies and see some old friends like Hermana Garcia (from my district at the CCM) and Elder Christiansen. 



On Thursday, a lot of time was spent doing nothing. We started our new leaders training (which I didn't even know existed because they never trained me when I became District Leader lol) in the morning. It was interesting, but not anything close to what I'll need to learn. Elder Dominguez is gonna teach me on the go though, so I'll be okay. After the training, a lot of time was spent doing nothing, and after a couple hours, I decided to accompany one of the other new zone leaders, Elder Sosa, to one of his old areas, Maximo Abasalo. I was interested to check it out, because it's infamous as being one of the sketchier areas of the mission, and I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. Don't worry Mom, it didn't! I think that all the hoods in the Patagonia are only dangerous at night. Anyways, we visited a family of members that was way cool, so that was a better way to pass the time than just sit in the office all day. Later that night, we went back to the hotel, and all the LZs had arrived for Consejo (Leadership Meeting)

It was cool to see some of the guys that came in. Hermana Gervasoni was there, so it was sick to see her. Elder Saunders is a LZ as well, so there was another Herriman boy there. He told me that one of my acquaintances from my class of high school is married, so that made me a bit sick. 

Friday was sweet! We baptized 30 this month, which is a great improvement from last month. We striving to get up to 40, because that's what the missions around us are baptizing, but at the same time, President stressed that 40 is the launching pad. Igual (Just the same), he was happy for the good work. I thought it was a really cool meeting, especially because the missionary that baptized President Salerno came and shared his story. The rest of the day was spent on a colectivo going back to Trelew. 

Saturday is hard to remember. The area right now doesn't have a ton of investigators, so there's a lot of work to do. It's hard to be a LZ. All day you're running around on errands, while trying to work your area at the same time. 

I'm a little sick right now (it's nothing serious) and I think it's a result of not eating almost anything (because the pensh didn't have a crumb when I got here and still doesn't, were gonna buy food today) and also because being an LZ does those kinds of things to you. 

Sunday was a day. We showered in the dark because they cut our light, and we don't have windows in the bathroom XD The ward seems mas o menos (more or less). I think that by the time I left Rio Gallegos, we had the branch stronger than this ward is right now, so there's work to do. 

The theme of this transfer is gonna be stress and work. However, the more stress you put a diamond under, the shinier it comes out, so I'll be shining in no time! Really, the key is to use the enabling power of the Atonement to conquer these difficulties. Let's see how she goes. 

I hope you guys are doing way good! I feel very blessed to have you guys as my family! LOVE YOU ALL!!!! MOM: I love you!!!! COLBY: You're a champ bro!!! Espero que hables castellano en tu mision che!!! (I hope you go to a Spanish speaking mission!!!) 

BESITOS - Elder Jimenez


And to Jose...
Mom is nuts XD Thanks for the ZL advice. It's a hard job for sure, but I know that I can do it. I just need to put the effort in, and rely on the Lord. 

Go BYU! 

Elder Dominguez is really cool. The guy is a convert of 3 years. Before the mission, his parents didn't support him, so he worked 14 hour shifts at an airport an hour away from his house to pay all that he could before leaving. The guy works well, and teaches great! He's trying his best to not die this transfer, and with me, I'm sure he won't. So I'm happy about that! 

Union 1 is ghetto to put it plainly. There are a couple neighborhoods that are a bit sketchy. There are gangs, but they're not very present, especially during the day (I'm assuming that you won't be telling Mom any of this by the way) (Little does he know that I see everything!!!)

The people seem like typical Argentines. We're living alone no mas, and the pensh is sweet cause it's really spacious and there's not any broken stuff inside. Plus, there's a laguna right down the street that has flamingos in it, so that's way cool! We're the only missionaries in the ward, and the ward is mas o menos from what I've seen. We'll just have to see. 

Dad, I freaking love you! You're a big role model for me. 

Love you! - Elder Jimenez



No comments:

Post a Comment