Monday, August 29, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 16... Three Cities


(As I've been chatting with Alex this morning, I had to tell him that Nikki is sick, and so now he's all worried about her, and that I'm not really telling him the whole story... so I had to tell him to quit worrying and tell me how he's doing!) Okay, I'm doing good! I'm writing the biggie right now. I'm gonna force a smile in here so I feel better...


🙃   ðŸ˜­   ðŸ˜‰

Alright, the biggie. I am once again in Rio Grande, Elder H is taking xrays, and once again, I forgot to copy out of my journal. So let's see how this goes. 

We'll start off with Mormon coffee. I'M A COFFEE ADDICT. Mormon coffee though, so it's okay (well, I'm not so sure that any addiction is okay). While I was doing divisiones (splits) earlier in the week, Elder Clark showed me how to prepare an Argentine drink called Malta (no, not the stuff from Puerto Rico, mucho mas... rico ðŸ˜‰) It looks and tastes like coffee (not that I know what coffee tastes like, but igual). The members down here call it "El cafe de los Santos" (the coffee of the Saints). It's freakin' good, I make a cup every morning now! (When I pressed for more info, he said it's made from sugar and wheat.) 

The Zone Meeting on Tuesday was horrible, we'll just leave it at that. That night though, WE HAD ASADO CON HERMANO SIELES!!!! It was the first legit asado, the other two were trucho. Oh my gosh, so good, it was great. 


ASADO!

Conferencia con Presidente was also really great, it was down in Ushuaia. The new AP, Elder Soto, is a capo. I think Elder H took a lot of it to heart as well, so he's putting in a lot of effort to be more obedient, which in turn has led us to have a stronger relationship, so that's great. I really have found the inner peace with Tolhuin and Hernandez. If we stay together for another traslado (transfer) in Tolhuin, I could aguantar (hold out)




After Miercoles (Wednesday), we had a way productive week. We found some nuevos (new investigators), had some great lessons with menos activos (less actives), found some menos activos (we call them "las ovejas perdidas (lost sheep)," there's un monton (a ton) of these guys in Tolhuin), and Jose came to church. WITH SUSANNA. They brought Dailin, and Angela (who they call Chookie because she has a doll face, and that's how they pronounce "Chucky". I die every time!)They liked it, and the girls were way quiet the whole time, so I gave them candy, and said a prayer of thanks. 

If I leave Tolhuin these traslados, I will not baptize, but I will have planted some dang good seeds. By the way, don't know if I should say this, but ya fue (what the heck) I'M AN ILLEGAL!!! I won't expound on that, just know that Trump would hate me if he was Argentine (when I asked for more info, he said...) I'll expound in a couple weeks after traslados ðŸ˜‚It's nothing to worry about. Unless I get deported. MOM, THAT'S A JOKE!!!! 

One of the benefits from the zone conf was abuela's letters. ABUELA YOU ARE THE MOST (insert word that means awesome, beautiful, talented, etc etc) PERSON IN THE WORLD!!! They made me way trunky, because she was talking a lot about Sunday dinners, which I miss a ton. But it really made me feel the love for my whole family. My direct family is incredible, and my extended family is the bomb too. Mom, if you could, could you make sure that all the cousins hear "Elder Jimenez loves you" at least once this Sunday, 'cause I want them to know that I haven't forgotten them. 

Anyways, more awesome things... I don't know things are just wayyy tranqy right now. We're working, no mas (nothing more). Alfajores are still good. 

Alright, I'm gonna take a moment to bear a quick testimony. I KNOW that Jesus Christ LIVES. He is our Savior, and HE'S COMING SOON. Me, and David, and Austin, were the closers. He's wrapping it up, and he's gonna come soon, so please, please, please, PUT HIM FIRST. He's a real person, and He paid for your sins, so start using the Atonement, because it works! 

Like I said before, Second Coming is way close, so let's all just be faithful and obedient, and we'll be sipping non-alcoholic margaritas on the Celestial beaches in no time. 

Family, I LOVE YOU GUYS. Pray and fast for Nikki. 

Vamos familia! Mom, I LOVE YOU - Elder Jimenez 


Hilarious Chinese translation that we (me and Clark-one of the ZLs) found on this random box. (This was the reply I got when I asked where he worked this week, Rio Grande or Tolhuin...) There's pavement beneath that box Mom, that means I was in Rio haha!



(And to Jose...)
So it sounds like the US is in complete turmoil without me haha! Colin Kappernick... what a failure at life. Anyways, presidential election sounds like the usual garbage, but hey, Kenzie's farewell sounds cool. Crossing my fingers for BYU! Super worried about Nikki, but there's little I can do, so I'll pray and fast. As far as inspirational things go... it's been pretty tranqy. I've fully submitted to just being a servant, and nothing more. Before, I was working really hard because I wanted baptisms, but now I just work hard cause I know it's what I should do. The Savior gave it all for me, I can give 2 years for him. I've been thinking a lot about Zions Camp lately... I legit think the Lord is testing my mettle with Tolhuin, but I think I've passed, so well see what happens in 2 weeks with traslados (transfers). Oh crazy thing about Austin... HIS TRAINER IS TANNER FREAKING RAVSTEN. Herriman Stake. Herriman High class of 2015, the lucky sucker haha! He also wants to go backpacking in Fiji after freshman year. But yeah that's Austin. I love you and miss you Dad. Tomorrow is my cumplemes (birthday in month form), 5 months! 19 to go, vamos. I LOVE YOU - Elder Capo

1 comment:

  1. Could you add me to the email list? I leave tomorrow. My missionary email is jsmalley@myldsmail.net. Thanks!
    -Elder Spencer Smalley

    ReplyDelete