Monday, August 15, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 14... Tender Mercies

Okay I don't have a ton of time to write this letter because the ciber was closed for feriada hoy (the internet cafe was closed for a holiday today), so we're using the computer of one of the investigators. Anyways, I'm gonna get right into the week. 

This week was a tender mercy from the Lord, because there were not any bad days. I was thinking a lot of Sofia this week. She's changing sooo much, but sooo much for the better, sooo proud. 

The weather was nuts this week, lots of snow, but a lot of sunshine as well. All four seasons cada dia (each day) isn't rare here jaja! 

This week, I totally pegged an annoying dog with a rock from 30 yards out like Peyton Manning. The dog was running sideways and everything. The throw was almost good enough to be deemed a Tom Brady throw, but well leave it at Peyton Manning just to be safe ;) I thought Dad would like that so I included it jaja! 

Anyways, I'm trying to be quick, so this post might seem a bit all over the place, but we have a new investigator. When we entered his house for the first time, he had 20 empty bottles of cerveza (beer) from the two days anterior, so that was hilarious. 

The last part of the short post was that God loves me. We had ZERO citas fijas (set appointments) one day, so we were contacting, then we got into one house where the dude was watching Olympic basketball. I think Heavenly Father was like "Elder Jimenez needs a little bit of sports to brighten his day" so we got to watch the last 30 seconds of the Brazil vs Argentina game, where Manu Ginobli totally sealed for los Argentinos and it was totally sick! 

Then we left his house, and Jose y Susanna pulled to the side of the road in their car, and told us that we could come over later in the night. So I pulled Elder Hernandez to the side of the road, and we offered a prayer of thanks. 

Then our next cita fell, but we got to go to a different investigator's house and drink chocolatada. After that, we taught a great lesson with Jose y Susanna, and as we were walking a the 2 kilometros back to the pensh, a different investigator pulled over and gave us a ride home. So God loves me. A lot. Also, Jose came to church yesterday.

Lots of different things happened this week, but I don't have time to write them. Por suerte (luckily), this week was a lot better, so that was great. Anyways, that's all. 

MOM. I LOVE YOU. Sisters, I love you less than Mom, but I love Mom a whole ton, so there's still a lot of love for you guys. A LOT. And Dad, you're obviously my hero. 

AGUANTE FAMILIA JIMENEZ!!!! BTW sooo pumped for the package ;) 
- El hijito Elder Joselito 

A pic of the snow in Tolhuin :)


​Alright, so the last PDay, I was chilling and listening to music, and I totally found this, so sooooo pumped for that, this one's for Puerto Rico's gold medals as well as sanity in Tolhuin jaja! 

Well... he totally sent a video, but it is too long to upload here, so you'll just have to let me know if you want to see it and I'll send it to you :) 
It's quite entertaining!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment