Monday, August 8, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 13... Knocked all the doors...

Alright so I'm gonna send the biggie first today to make sure that I get it in. Last week I was on for wayyyy to long cause there was a ton of stuff I had to do, plus a ton of people to write. So today some people might not be getting a response. So if you're reading this and got a response KNOW THAT YOURE IMPORTANT ;) And if you don't get a personal email from me, know that I REALLY appreciate the love from home and keep writing me!

Alright, as for the stuff going on a home, the K and N thing in the apartment is sooooo freakin' gringo jaja! Sounds like things are going really well back home right now, so that's way good. 

As for Tolhuin... could be better but we're alive right? I've got my little list of stuff from my journal, so I'll just start talking about the stuff. 

First off, I made some wicked good alfredo sauce from scratch this week, so be proud of me Mom :) I also took all the pics around town, so I sent some of em your way. 

We've got a couple of investigators right now, but theyre all medio vago (kind of lazy) and it's killing me. KILLING ME. I want to baptize in Tolhuin, but if I leave this town without one YA FUE. I've worked my butt off, I'm gonna keep workin' my butt off, and we'll see what she writes. But yeah Tolhuin is suuuuper hard ahora because I've knocked all the doors 3 times. We'll walk down the street and I can just be like "taught in that house, taught in that house, those people hate us, she makes really good chocolatada, etc. etc." So yeah I'm... comodo jaja. 

The other struggle is the comp right now. This week it was like he just fell apart and didn't care any more. It was trucho thing after trucho thing, and I had to drag him out of bed and out the door most of the days. One of the days we were in an investigators house, and the investigator is buddy buddies with us, and Hernandez starts watching horror movies with him, and I'm like, "dude you shouldn't be watching this man," and he was like, "I don't even care dude," and then he went and told the investigator how bad boy he was cause he breaks all the rules. This week was also suuuuper difficult because 80 percent of the citas fell. Finally, yesterday, he was making himself lunch, and we had to leave in 10 minutes, and he starts making rice. I was like, "hey man weve got to leave in like 10 minutes," and he was like, "bro I don't care," even though all week he'd been telling me how much he loves el Señor, and I just freakin blew up on him. I bajoed caño like Joseph Smith on the mob guys in the prison. Later in the day we were walking, and I felt bad because, although he totally deserved everything he heard, I shouldn't have yelled and made him cry, so I said I was sorry and gave him a hug. I did tell him that I was sick and tired of the truchoness though, so I wrote up a document of the things he needs to improve, and we both signed it. I said that if I can see that hes putting in his effort to be better, I'll put in my effort to be more patient and undertanding. So well see how that goes, but I liked it cause it put a good end onto the week, and closed the week. 

A highlight from yesterday was that Miguel Zeniquel finally returned to church after we worked with him for months. We went to his house after, and talked with him, and it was seriously so sick because although he's been passing a lot of trials, he has a way firm testimony, and I think he's come back for good. 

I really do know this church is true. This war were fighting with Satan is really, really ugly, but the Señor needs his Rangers, the guys that will just grind it out even when the mud is foot deep and the peak of the mountain is way off in the distance. So the Elders of Tolhuin are gonna tighten the laces, ruck up, put a smile on the face, and SEGUIR ADELANTE. WE GONNA MAKE IT. 

Now to end the post with something funny, we were with a menos activa eating lunch, and she was talking about the topic of baptisms. She talks really fast, so my brain got tired and I phased out for like 30 seconds. Next thing I know she's talking about how the creator of the Smurfs is in a pact with the devil. I had to hold in laughter and it was way hard XD. 

Anyways, like my sister's fish, Gerald, Elder Jimenez was barely holding on to life this week, but he's alive, and still has ganas (desire) to work. (Sometime during the night on Friday, Sofia's Betta fish jumped out of it's bowl and landed on the floor, under the entry table. When I found it Saturday morning, I was sure it was dead. But then he flopped around and we hurried and put him back in the bowl. He was pretty black and sluggish all day, but we bought some medicine drops and added them to the fish bowl and by Sunday morning he had his color back was swimming around like nothing happened! What resilience!!!)

Go Herriman, aguante Tolhuin, AGUANTE FAMILIA JIMENEZ! 

Mom, I love you :) Tell the family I love em too! 
- Elder Jimenez



Alfredo Sauce from SCRATCH! 

The Pensh

La Capilla (The Church)

Random ice cream shop. The important part is the minions. I don't know why, but the people down here are literally nuts about the minions. Think about Moab and Kokopeles... you see minions no joke 2 times more in Argentina. It's hilarious jaja!

 RANDOM PICS AROUND TOLHUIN


The sign says, "TOLHUIN - Heart of the Island of the Land of Fire"

No comments:

Post a Comment