Monday, August 22, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 15... Snow!


MOM. I LOVE YOU. 

Alright, now that that's been said, we can get down to the nitty gritty. Sofia's wisdom teeth sounds hilarious, even though she didn't email me, danggit! Can't believe she powered through the Scarlet Letter in a week. Remember how I couldn't read that book? I had to download it to listen to it, because it was too excruciatingly boring to read. Un buen alli a Sofia ;) Hopefully, with all the changes in the ward, by the time I get home there will be a super attractive 20-something-year-old girl that needs an RM to save her from the dark and dreary world haha!!! 

As for the mish, I'm actually in Rio Grande ahora. The new Pres is a little nuts, and he didn't have consejo (leadership meeting) until the 19th, so we came up to Rio for PDay, we have Zone Conf tomorrow, then Conf with President on Wednesday, and Thursday-Friday I'm probs doing divisiones con uno de los lideres de zona (splits with one of the Zone Leaders), so crazy week! A side effect of being in Rio is that I forgot to note what happened this week from my journal, so it might be a bit short today. 

Anyways, like one can see in the pics, we went the to Mirador again, and it was as beautiful as ever. It snowed a full down here this week, so were just loving life (I hope you can read my sarcasm jaja!). It's dope though because Austin is heading out to Estonia this week, so... Oh danggit! I was gonna say that he'll be in the snow too, but he's in the Northern Hemisphere. I'm so alone jaja! 

Anyways, other things of note that happened this week... The song "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt is really popular down here for some reason, so that's hilarious. Every time that I hear it, I think of Anthony doing the Napoleon Dynamite flying hands thing, and it kills me! 

Jose y Susanna didn't come to church because they were in Rio Grande, but Adriana y Anival did come. It's a lucha (fight). I think you guys would be way weirded out if you spent some time with me right now. I can't see much of the changes, but I pretty sure I'm wayyyyyy more patient, and a bit more serious. I like the patience, but the seriousness kind of kills me sometimes. I need to lighten up!!! 

Anyways, what more.... we worked a lot this week, but Tolhuin has gotten so old, so it's hard. And I think that with the new pres and Hernandez's knee problems there's a big chance that I'm putting in another traslado (transfer) in Tolhuin after this. A QUARTER OF THE MISSION (Wow!!! That would take him to the end of October!). Kill me haha! The members are doing good, menos activos are lazy as ever, but 2 are progressing really well. At this point, I've learned how to just accept the Lord's will, put a smile on my face, and grind. So we'll keep going, and leave it to the Lord. I know he lives, and I'm pretty sure I've already earned a jacuzzi in my mansion in heaven for my service in Tolhuin, so we'll keep going! 

VAMOS FAMILIA JIMENEZ!!!! - Elder Jimenez

From Alex's Letter to Jose...
Dope email, like always! The Olympics killed me. Everywhere I went it was sports, sports, sports, and I couldn't watch any of it. A little piece of me died. The worst was when we were in the Panaderia the other night, because we stopped to go to the bathroom, and I finished first, walked out, and one of the TVs had the Brasil/Germany game, 1 to 1, with 6 minutes left, FOR THE GOLD MEDAL!!! In Brasil, after the horrifying loss to the Germans in la mundial in Brasil, the game was charged. It was never so hard to leave the Panaderia, but I was obedient, and left, then cried myself to sleep after I found out the Brasil won on penalty kicks. I'm missing some of the greatest sports moments in history every month! I LOVE THE LORD. Anyways, way pumped to hear about BYU football in the coming weeks!

We went to the Mirador last week with Anival. All the pics are from there.
El Mirador de Lagos Escondidos y Fagona





This is  description that I found online from a travel company...
Go off-road with a 4x4 tour to Mirador de Lagos Escondido y Fagnano, 
one of southern Patagonia's wildest accessible spots. From the renowned viewpoint, you can see the crystal clear lakes, whose mountainous backdrop makes for a breathtaking scene. The road there, famous for being the southernmost mountain pass in the world, can only be traversed by specialty off-road vehicles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment