Monday, September 5, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 17... Tender Mercies and Balloons

Where do I begin... First of all you have no idea how relieved I am acerca de (about) Nikki. I was legit worrying my pants off for her, so now that all is well, I might be able to sleep tonight haha! 

Hearing about the vids (we watched home videos from 2001-2005 at Sunday dinner - pretty funny stuff!) made me trunky, but not that trunky, so we're okay. Shed a tear for BYU, luckily it was a lagrima de gozo (tear of joy), GO COUGARS GOOOOOOOOOO, VAMOS BYUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! Sounds like the family is slaying life like usual, so I'm really happy this week. 

As for the other side of the equator, were in Grande. Again. Wooooooo. Hernandez got his Xrays last week, and the doctor said that he needs physical therapy. President was like "Nope, were going straight to ct scans", so that's fun, and we're in Rio again. I don't mind though, and I was a good Elder and actually remembered to right down what happened this week, so here it is. 

First off, we were in the house of a member this week, and his wife, who I met but then she left him and ran away to Ushuaia, came walking in. We were going to give him a blessing with one of the other members, and we were calling the other member, when she walked in. I was like "Ummmm I think we'll just walk over to Pedro's house to bring him over here." Soooooo awkward, but hilarious!!!! She's a capa too, so I'm glad they're working things out. 

Tuesday was a lot of tramites... (formalities...) working on the passport situation... I won't say anything more haha! But yeah, it was cool to spend some time with Elder Clark. It was also my Cumplemes (month birthday - he's been out 5 months now), so we got Gridos for the first time (helado). It's mas o menos (gridos are ice creams and he didn't really care for them.). One could say Han shot first (everyone who gets that joke, I love you, if you're a young female, email me 😂) 

The combi (bus) back to Tolhuin was legit the most legendary ride I've ever taken in my life. We were just leaving Rio when "Adventure of a Lifetime" came on. Then it repeated. Then Clocks, Talk, Trouble, In my Place, and VIVIA LA VIDA. I was rockin' hard while everyone else was sleeping haha! Tender mercies.  (Can you tell that Alex LOVES Coldplay... He would have been sad if I had told him that they had a concert here last week.)

We had a sweet lesson with a menos activa (less active sister). We used globos (balloons) and popped her problems. She came to church on Domingo, so I'll be buying more globos this week haha! 

One of the days last week totally sucked, all the citas (appointments) fell, and I think I got a minor burn on my face from all the dust that got kicked up by doors getting slammed in our face, but the weather was incredible. I actually felt warmth on my skin. Tender mercies! 

Just so ya'll know, I've pretty much become the Abe Lincoln of Tolhuin cause I'm a leña (firewood) cutting legend. I also cut some garlic for an asadito that we had with some members, and my left hand still smells like Sofia's worst food nightmare (not worth it) (Sofia hates garlic)

Elder Hernandez was throwing up one day, but I think it was just something bad he ate, nothing serious. The guy's a mess, but you've got to love him! I'm learning how to be patient 😉 Tolhuin has also taught me the value of tranquilidad (tranquility). Before the mish, I feel like you couldn't leave me in a place for more than 3 days without getting bored, but Tolhuin is sooooooo beautiful, and tranqy. It's nice sometimes to get out into the boonies, contacting of course, and take a minute to just listen to the birds, and think "wow Heavenly Father is truly great". 

Anyways, last thing is that the menos activos (less actives) are progressing well out here. Jose and Susanna didn't come this week, but they're still good, so we're good to go. Susanna showed me how to make torta frita (in Argentina, these are like fried biscuits), so I'm gonna get fatter haha! Traslados are in a week, so let's see what happens! If I get transferred, chances are that I don't email until like Miercoles (Wednesday), so we'll see. 

My family. I love you guys so much! So happy Nikki is better, Kevin's still a bum, but I love him, Sofia's slaying Junior Year, Dad is my HERO, and Mom. Oh Mom. You are the greatest woman I know! MY INSPIRATION!!! i LOVE YOU GUYS!!! (especially you Mom!) 19 to go, VAMOS TOLHUIN, SHANKIES, AND BYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Love you Mom:) 
- Elder Jimenez 

Pics that Alex forwarded from Elder Hernandez...







And to Jose...
I swear, each email just gets better and better! First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you to my men upstairs that Nikki is okay, y'all have no idea how worried I was. Legit prayed for her every day, multiple times. So relieved right now. 

And BYU!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how much money I'm gonna waste in my college days going to the away games. So pumped that they won, I hope we smear the Utes. Did Squally Canada get any time? And our home boy Francis!!!! That's what I'm talkin about. Tell the Big 12 to get their stuff together though, I just want to know! And Wisconsin! They always seem to pull it out when they're the underdogs. Let's get BYU up there in the top 25 with Wisconsin, since we know that Bucky's gonna be ranked this week. And the Cowboys. I need Kammerman's email 😂 Really great sports update overall. 

I'll be praying for Cynthia. 

It actually really does help that there are people in the home ward thinking about me. It's good to remember that there are places in the world with lots of strong members, that not everywhere is Tolhuin haha! But Tolhuin has improved a ton in my time here. We reactivated a couple families, including one member that's gonna be recieving the Melchizedek prisethood in October, and we got another priesthood holder, so were moving along out here. One day... 

Loved the español, it's good to speak in the language of my father like Nefi (por fin jaja). I'll print that talk. Thank you so much for your support Dad. It's nuts that 5 months came and went already, well be at a year in no time! 

LOVE YOU! VAMOS SHANKIES, VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMOS COUGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS!!!! - Elder BYU Fan who's is also your favorite son

No comments:

Post a Comment