Monday, September 19, 2016

Rio Gallegos A, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 1... Rely on the Lord

Alright, wow, this week was sooooooo freakin' tough. I'm having trouble thinking in English right now, so if I say the things weird, perdon. 

Anyways, before we get to Rio Gallegos, Monday evening I had to do tramites (splits) with Elder Molina. I was not looking forward to that, because in the past Elder Molina has shown me that he doesn't have it all together, so I was scared. Luckily, everything went smoothly. The cool part was that that night, we contacted together, and got to talk a bit, and the guy, although very immature, is actually a really good person, and his consejos (advice) actually really helped me. So that night I learned to stop looking at the bad side of people. 

Tuesday, on the bus to Rio Gallegos, the first movie that came on was Olympus Has Fallen. I didn't really watch it, I tried to read the huge Jeffrey R Holland talk that Dad sent me instead, so that was good. Then right before we crossed the straight, Zootopia came on, and I was like, Awesome! A movie I can watch without guilt! Let's go!!!! Then we had to disembark to cross on the ferry. When we disembarked, it was dope, because Hermana Garcia de mi distrito del CCM (from my MTC district) was totally walking up the ramp from the barca (boat)!!! We had to be quick, so we just snapped a pic. She's going to Rio Grande. Pobrecita (poor girl) lol. Anyways, this time around, la barca was sick! There was a seal, some penguins, and a ton of dolhpins that were jumping out of the water, and doing tricks, and it was awesome. After we crossed, we got back into the the colectivo (bus), and they started palying a new movie. Shoot! It got worse though. It was this movie with Sandra Bullock and... her name just left me... algo McCarthy... anyways it was in English, and it was swearing A TON. Like A TON. F Bomb every couple seconds. The other missionaries, even those that understood English, were totally laughing. In that moment, I lost all hope for those chums in Rio Grande. Anyways, after about 5 minutes, I couldn't aguantar mas (stand it anymore), so I got up, walked to the front of the bus, and asked the guys if they could change the movie, because it was swearing a ton. So the freakin' malditos turned the movie off completely. I got dirty looks from everyone, including the other missionaries. They didn't turn another movie on for the rest of the trip. At least I know there was someone smiling down on me. 

Anyways, we got to Gallegos, Bobadilla eventually came, and when we arrived to the pensh, it was a disaster. It's alright though, because we cleaned up when I got there. Bobadilla, contrary to the rumors, is obedient, so that's a big plus. Our personalities don't mix at all, so I think this will be a really dry traslado, but I'm gonna try to keep things kosher, so we'll see how that goes. 

The area is sooooooo duro (hard). I'm in centro. Like centro centro (downtown, downtown). There are tall buildings that take up about a quarter of my area, and a ton of of houses that surround that. The great thing about Tolhuin is that it's filled with people from the north, who are a lot more receptive and open to the message. Here, nobody wants a dang thing. In Tolhuin, every 10-12 contactos, we would usually enter a house. Sometimes it was a bit more duro (a bit more difficult), but it wasn't impossible. This week (5 days) in Rio Gallegos, we had 171 contacts. We didn't enter 1 house. I saw the ugliest side of humanity I think I've ever seen this week. It was such a great trial, especially since I wasn't receiving much support from Boba Fett, but it was awesome because it made me turn to the Lord for my support. My mantra this week was "My family is receiving bendiciones (blessings) for my service". It was cool, cause I'd be way bajoñado (down), then I'd think that, and suddenly I was willing to get doors slammed in my face for the rest of my mish. Love you guys. 

The bright side is that although we've got very few investigators, those whom we have seem barbaro (barbaric - ie great), so I'm pumped to keep working. Theres a capilla (chapel) here, with a canchita (sport court), so we have a noche de deportes cada semana (We have a sports night each week). I played futbol (soccer) for the first time in my life, and totally sucked, but I scored a goal by pure luck, which here, is essentially the same as Victor running a punt to the endzone for Alabama, so that was legendary (only for me, but igual). 

Anyways, things here are slow, but I know I'll acostumbrarme (get used to it) and be fine eventually. Still breathing, so that's what counts. Also, THERE'S A STORE HERE THAT SELLS PROTEIN POWDER!!!! I'm thinking that will be a great use for Abuela's "luxury money" haha.... Mas que nada (more than anything), I learned this week that I'm weak. I need the Lord, and I always will. It will take a lot of willpower, but I'm gonna strive. Sorry for emailing tan tarde (so late), yes it's after 6 here, but we got permission from Pres, so it's okay. 

I love you guys sooooooo much!!! Especially you Mom!!!!! VAMOS FAMILIA JIMENEZ!!!! AGUANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 
- Son 

By the way, Sofia looks great (homecoming pictures) and the pic of Nikki and Kev in the stands (at the BYU Football game) made me trunky, so thanks for that haha LOVE YOU


And to Jose...
Sad for BYU, but honestly not too sad. They'll get better in time for my return ;) Deflate gate is such garbage, doesn't change that he's the G.O.A.T. Go Pitta, I wish the very best for that guy. 

Crazy that Moser's already home, he was a big capo (boss) before his mish, so I'm sure he slayed it. Remember to send me pics of Boston when you eventually get there haha! 

This area is durisimo (super hard), and Boba Fett's not an easy comp. I come from good blood though, so I'll aguantar (hang in there)

Cool experience that I had hoy (today). We had entrevistas with Presidente en la mañana hoy, y el me dijo que el no queria sacarme de Tohluin, pero el realmente me necesitaba en Rio Gallegos. El dijo que Boba necesitaba "motivacion" y que el me confia. El sabe que yo trabajo duro. El aun me dijo que estaba pensando hacerme comp mayor y lider de distrito (Boba tiene 18 meces). (We had interviews with President this morning and he told me that he did not want to take me out of Tolhuin, but that he really needed me in Rio Gallegos. He said that Elder B really needs "motivation" and that he trusts me. He knows that I work hard. He even told me that he was thinking of making me the senior companion and district leader - Elder B has 18 months in the mission.) Not gonna lie, I felt like a capo, but really it's not about the titles. It's about the love for El Señor. I love Jesus Christ, and I'll work day in and day out for him, AP or comp menor igual (AP or junior companion the same)

Thanks for raising me right Dad. There's a lot of viejos (old men) that made good decisions that have blessed me, but youre the viejo (old man) who raised me, so know that when I finally baptize out here, you had a big part in it. 

Love you Dad - Son

No comments:

Post a Comment