Monday, July 24, 2017

Kilometros 5, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 3... King Benjamin

Sounds like you guys had a really good week :) Sofia is gonna LOVE EFY. It always happens with those kids haha! 

Anyways, this week was pretty good! We had entrevistas with President, and the next day a conference with my zone, Comodoro Sur, y Caleta Olivia. There were like 60 missionaries, it was nuts. (All of his areas thus far have been is much smaller and remote places, so I don't think he's ever been together with this many missionaries since the MTC!) 



This Sunday was awesome because the whole Familia Wohtasik came to church, as well as a curve ball named Jose. We had a cita hace algunas noches (a few nights ago) that started off bad. There was just this bad onda (feeling/vibe) in the house, and we got distracted talking about other things before the lesson. As we started the lesson, we completely changed the plan (because the current plan just wasn't going to work) AND THE SPIRIT TOOK OVER! We went from a completely dead spiritual environment to convincing Maria that marriage is a good option. It was a great miracle! All the glory goes to the Lord, as always. 

Reading the Book of Mormon this week, I made it to Mosiah 2. I've always loved King Benjamin (I'm pretty sure that one of my sons will be named Ben) and this reread did not disappoint. I loved the part where he gives the glory to God, explaining that all his work was simple service to the Lord. I read a quote from Brigham Young juntos (together) with that passage of scripture, in which he explained that the only person that has ever really sacrificed anything for heaven's sake is Jesus Christ. All the other "sacrifices" that people have made since have been one way or another for their own happiness. It made me think how really blessed I am to be in this mission, serving the Lord. I'm so grateful for the miracles I've seen and all the blessings that Heavenly Father has, is, and will give to me for this "sacrifice" that I'm making. 

FAMILY: I love you guys! Fufill your callings to the maximum! 

SOFIA: EFY WOOOOOOOOOOOO. Capa. 

MOM: You're a big role model for me in my life! 

I LOVE YOU! - Elder Jimenez




No comments:

Post a Comment