Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 9... The Lord Provides

I hope the quilt and pillowcases come out really nice, don't even feel bad that you weren't able to write much, because it was for a good cause :) 

Anyways, this week was definitely a week. We had mas o menos week (so-so week), but there were mentionable things that happened. The investigators are progressing, slowly but surely. I really think we're going to baptize in May, we've just got to keep letting the Lord direct our work. We had a good meeting with our zone, all centered on obedience.


Zona Trelew Sur


A couple experiences: This week, we got to the end of Saturday, and there was nothing to do, so we got contacting. As a zone leader, it's hard to find time to do things, so this was the first time that I had contacted for a long time like we did. As we were contacting, we finished a block, and there was still an hour left of work in the night. It's starting to get dark around 6:40, so it was already really dark outside, and we didn't know what to do, because the people around here get really sour after 7:30. (It was probably about 9:30pm because they work until 10:30 in Alex's mission.) I've even had people threaten to shoot me when we contact in the dark hours because they think I'm a "chorro" (thief) XD. Anyways, we decided to leave it in the hands of the Lord, and we prayed. Then, I asked Elder Farabee how he felt, and he said "Let's keep contacting, just not here though". I didn't think of anything better, so I decided that we were going to contact some close-by apartment blocks, because we can get closer to the door, and people would easily see that we are missionaries and not chorros (thieves). So we were contacting, and we ended up getting into a house and teaching a girl named Deborah. The lesson was nothing special, but I still saw it as a nice little miracle because it was proof that when we let the Lord direct us, he'll point us in the right direction. It happened last night as well. We ran out of options to visit people, and we didn't want to contact much, cause it was dark. We had picked some teaching records out of the area book of antiguos (old investigators) that live in some of the less sketchy barrios (neighborhoods), and we decided that we would look for some. As we went, we decided to look for one named Diana. Her registro (record) said that she lived in front of a member family, so we went to the family's house, and asked them if they knew her. They told that they did, and sent a text to her, telling her to come over. The look on her face was hilarious when a gringo answered the door. XD The cool thing is that she had stopped meeting with the missionaries because she liked going to the boliche (nightclub) too much, but as we talked to her, she told us that she has stopped going as much, and now she's excited to start listening again. TENDER MERCIES! 

So yeah, the week was really bland, but even in the bland weeks, the Lord helps us. Sometimes, you've got to work, even when it's not glamorous. Even if people aren't getting baptized every week, or even coming to church, you've just got to put the work in, keep the head high, and baptisms will come. 

I want to gave a big shout-out to the closest man that I have to a brother, AUSTIN RAMSEY, who recently contributed to a BAPTISM in ESTONIA! If there's anyone that can give a pure testimony of the principle that I just described, it's him :) You're a boss man! 

Family, I love you guys! I'm so grateful for the blessings that you guys receive for my service. 

MOM! I love you! You are an inspiration to me! 

MADI! You are too! Keep fighting, and know that you've got prayers coming to you from the bottom of the planet! 

JENN: Read the talk "Trust in the Lord" by Richard G. Scott with Kurt. I was thinking of you guys when I read it! 

LOVE Y'ALL!! 
-Elder Jimenez



Proof that there are flamingos en la Patagonia :P 
This is the pond outside our pension, the flock was way bigger before but I was always too lazy to whip out the camera, and now the majority left XD!


And to Jose...
This was a sweet letter! So many interesting things :) As you'll see from the photos, I was going all gung ho with the Atletico Madrid, but then I got cold feet to commit myself to a team in Europe, and just ended up buying the sweet Tevez jersey. XD I don't think I'll be able to really hinchar de alguien (choose a team) until I can actually watch futbol (soccer) XD Still way interesting to see who will win though... 



The sweet, not Atletico jersey that I promised Dad... but equally awesome, Tevez jersey (BOCA's best player that went to play in China)


I'm kind of sad that we lost Jamaal, but at least we have Squally to fill his place. I hope those three kill it in the NFL. Van Noy was also a free agent if I'm not mistaken... so we've got hope. Oh Taysom though... I wish that guy the best, good luck bro XD GO PATS! 

Tell Maddie Walker that she got the mission call of my dreams! We'll speak some CASTELLANO when she gets home! I've really been hoping to get another Herrimanite down here. I don't know if I told you, but one of the zone leaders form Trelew Norte is from Herriman... he graduated the year before me and has like 2 transfers more than me in the mission. 

I'm praying for Kurt and Jenn's family every night. I suggested a talk to them in my weekly letter. I hope they read... to end on a good note though, GO JAZZ! Elder Allen must be pumped out of his mind right now XD If they can beat Golden State, we should just give them the trophy for that. 

Dad, I love you, seriously, I really admire you! You're a great man, and its been a privilege to be your son. see you in 11 months! 
- Elder Son 

PS I asked Mom for some exercise books, and if she buys them, you should read them before she sends them :) They're really cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment