Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 10... Obtain the Word First!

This was a great week! It sounds like you guys had a good week as well, so that makes me happy. As far as highlights from my week, I'm not sure I'll follow a time line, but I'll try. 

One of the highlights at the start of the week was divisiones with Elder Tavares. He's a stud! I was with him while we were waiting for our new companions to arrive in week 1 of the transfer, and we got back together this week to do a division de verdad (a real split). We had a really cool experience. He has been struggling a lot in his area to find new investigators, so we started to contact, and we ended up running into a lot of Evangelicos that wanted to bash. After a while of that, we decided that we were going to pray to be able to find someone. 4 contacts after praying, we entered into a house, and found 2 new investigators. It was a big boost to his faith! The Lord hooked us up with that lesson :D 

Next highlight that comes to mind is my division with Elder Lowe (asistente) (AP). It was on Sunday, and the lunch ran late, so we ended up planning the day out around 4. As we left the pension, and were walking to our first cita (appointment), I told him that it might be better to skip the companion study so that we have more time to contact. I asked him if he wanted to, and he said "No, Elder Jimenez, we have to obtain the word before we declare it, even if there isn't time" So after our first cita, we went to the capilla (chapel), and began to study. We ended the study with a practice, where I showed him how I've been utilizing the Libro de Mormon to contact. After the practice, we said a prayer, asking to be able to use what we had practiced. As we left, I felt a confirmation of an idea that I had had earlier in the day, as we planned, that we should go to contact in a barrio called 99 Viviendas. We went to the barrio, and clapped our hands. Nobody answered. Next house, same thing. I said a prayer, and said "Por favor, ahora que he obtenido la palabra, desata mi lengua" (Please, now that I have received the word, loose my tounge). We clapped the next house, and a lady answered. I began to contact with the Book of Mormon, and at first she didn't seem interested, but I bore a testimony of the book, and she let us in. After a spiritual lesson, we put 2 fechas bautismales with her and her daughter. After planning to do so many contacts in the day, we only ended up doing 1. It was a very cool experience, and another example of how the Lord is the one doing this work. 

Elder Lowe shared the experience in the conference with President yesterday (thus the lack of email on Monday!), and I think it gave the other missionaries a little boost, so that was good. The conference was really long, and we didn't actually end up doing entrevistas (interviews) until today in the morning. The entrevista really helped me a lot. I felt the love that President really has for me, and after the entrevista, I had a stange but very strong impression that Heavenly Father loves me, and really has forgiven me of all my sins. It might be one of the most beautiful feelings that I've felt. I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ. Thanks to Him, it is possible to feel free from the mistakes we make. If I died today, I have no doubt that my earthly preparation would be sufficient to achieve glory in the next life, and I really know that the Plan of Salvation is real, and in effect. Christ lives, and is that Savior of us all, and if we live and follow his commandments, we will have joy. 

These weeks have definitely been some of the best of my mission. We've seen so many milagros (miracles), from finding people, to seeing them progress. This week, we had 4 investigators at stake conference, and 6 with fechas bautismales (baptism dates). I know that if a misionero will put his trust in the Lord, and give the glory to Him for the successes that he has, the Lord will work through him.

Jeremiah 16:16... 

Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

Some were called to be fishers, I feel more like a hunter, and each day that passes, I feel more and more un discípulo verdadero de Cristo (a true disciple of Jesus Christ). I'm lovin' it out here! 

FAM: I LOVE YOU GUYS! Lookin' forward to talkin' to y'all on Sunday :) 

MOM: I. LOVE. YOU!!!! 

Y usted tambien Abuela! Le respeto muchisimo, y doy gracias por tener antepasados tan honrables como usted :)  (And you too Abuela. I respect you a lot and am grateful to have ancestors as honorable as you!)

LES QUIERO! - Elder Jimenez

 Alex with Hna. Garcia in the Conference with the President
They were in the same district in the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment