Monday, May 15, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 11... I cooked a lot

It was way sweet to see you guys! I have the coolest family ever, way cooler than everybody elses' haha! It sounds like everything is going well, so I'm happy about that. I'm for sure getting in on the fast for Madi this Wednesday :) 

Alright, so this week... What did we do this week? Well, y'all already know about la conferencia con Presidente, that was really good, but you're all already updated on that... alright so first thing of note was that on Wednesday, we made Oreo balls for a member that cumplired años (had a birthday). They're way easy to make, and SUPER DELISH, but they pack the calories HARD! So I've got to be careful with that... 



That same day we also had 5 lessons in a single day which was a mission record for me, so that was sweet. They were 5 lessons de verdad as well, not the usual garbage that people count ;) 

We ate a ton of raviolis this week, but it's okay, because I love raviolis. Yesterday, that same member taught me how to make tuco and ñoquis, so I'll be able to make my own raviolis with tuco (Argentine spaghetti sauce) when I'm back on the homefront :) I also made dulce de leche filled cake mix cookies this week for some other members, so if you can't tell, I cooked a lot! 

On Friday, we did some divisiones, and I spent the day with and elder who has served in many of the same areas as I, so we have a lot of conocidos en comun (there are a lot of people we both know). It was really cool to see the changes he wants to make in his mission. He hasn't been the most obedient missionary, but he hasn't had the best companions either. He's closing in on the year, still as comp menor (junior companion), and he wants to make a change. It was cool, because I told him about how Dad was comp menor until he had a year as well, and ended up as Asistente (AP). That helped him a lot. We also studied a Boyd K Packer talk together, and as I explained it to him, he said that he really felt the Spirit, and that it really "got to him". I hope that he'll be able to make the changes that he desires to make! 

We decided to put our investigators to the test this week, to see who really is investigating, so we didn't call or search for anyone to come to church with us. We wanted to see who would come without being herded and begged. Luisa and Claudia showed up! It was a really big animo builder for me, because some of our former good investigators, like Matthew and Agustin, are floundering right now. I'm so amazed at the progress that Luisa has made. It amazes me how she, a woman that is not of our faith, has followed the impressions of the Spirit so strongly and obediently. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan specifically for her, and I feel very honored to be a part of it. These two years are worth it! 

Shout out to my kid sister Sofia. I'm so impressed by all the progress you've made! Keep going! Although I think your attempt at beating my ACT record is laughable, I INVITE THE CHALLENGE! Do your worst >:D 

FAMILY! It was so great to see you guys, especially Mom and Abuela on Mother's Day! 

Shout out to my Grandma Shari as well, I love you Grandma! Happy Mothers Day! 

And to Nikki, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY!!! and HAPPY NEAR-FUTURE MOTHERS DAY!!!!! ;) Alright, y'all get the point.

Love you guys! Especially you Mom! 
- Elder Jimenez


To Jose...
Great email! It was awesome to see you yesterday, I love your voices. The Puerto Rican accent sounds nice, so we'll see how that turns out after the mish ;) 

I'm glad I made the day of the 2 most important women and the most important mortal man in my life! 

I love the mish, but this year needs to pass quick, I feel like I'm missing so many beautiful moments in the family. 

GO CELTICS! The part about the 2 hour marathon was really cool, it would have been sweet if he did it! 

I'll be fasting on Wednesday for Madi, so I'll add to the cause. 

Dad, your emails always are the emails that inspire and motivate me the most. Thank you! 

LOVE YOU! 
- Elder Jimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment