Monday, May 22, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 12... Joy in Sharing the Gospel

I'm very happy about the things I heard this week :) Sounds like everyone is doing well. 

The biggest news of the week is BAUTISMO! The baptism was a mission changer! The whole morning before the baptism was spent heating up water in pots, trying to warm up the font, which didn't have working hot water. It didn't do a thing, but oh well, we tried XD The drain also didn't work the night before, so once again, Elder Jimenez had to empty the font with buckets, and will have to do it again this week. Sigh, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT! 

MILAGRO
Luisa's Baptism

Luisa was already so excited when she got to the baptism, and it only got better. When she came up out of the water, it was almost as if, like Alma when he found himself with the sons of Mosiah, she was overcome by the Spirit. It was really cool! All of the hermanas that helped her in to change afterwards told me that she was soooo excited and emotional. She even said "I didn't think that it would be this beautiful! I don't know why I didn't do this earlier!" Yesterday, I confirmed her. During the baptism, and yesterday during the confirmation, seeing her happy just made me happy. It's a kind of joy that comes only from sharing the gospel. It felt so good! So that was definitely the highlight of the week. 

After that, everything else was pretty tranqy. We were able to get Mathew back on board, and although he didn't make it to church this week, I smell a baptism in June. We'll see if he steps up to the plate. Claudia continues to come to church, so that's going good. Now she just needs to change that perspective of hers, and we'll get her wet! 

OOOOOOH! Other big announcement: ALLEN IS COMING TO TRELEW! President straight hooked me up on that one XD He's going to the other zone, but I'll see him every Monday. I bought him a Bayern Munich jersey, I think he'll be pretty pumped when he gets here. It's funny how trainers actually seem to treat their trainees like their children lol! I think the the traslados are really going to help the zone because a couple complicated missionaries left, and we've got good ones coming. The new companionships also seem like they will make good pairs, so I'm pumped to see how it goes. Overall, a great week! 

I'm so happy that everyone is doing good, I'll be keeping Madi in my prayers all week. 

FAMILY! I love you guys! ESPECIALLY YOU MOM! I'm so proud of you! 
- Elder Jimenez



Cleaning and emptying the font
(thought I'd never have to again. I was wrong.)

Orange Chicken with Farabee

And to Jose...
The emails today have been great! 

Luisa's baptism was the most beautiful thing I've seen in my mission, so that was awesome! 

I'm glad you slayed the marathon! GO CELTICS! I don't have faith, but GO CELTICS anyways XD 

It feels good to be missed sometimes ;) haha! 

Dad, I'm way glad to be your son. Heavenly Father hooked me up with a family like you guys. I think that many times I don't even notice how abundantly blessed I am, but seriously, I have a great life. 

I love you! - Elder Jimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment