Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 8... Legendary Week

I'm worried about the news about Madi, but I'm definitely going to keep her in her prayers. (Alex's 11 year old cousin, Madi, was diagnosed with a very aggressive brain cancer last week.) Everyone who sees this blog, please pray for the Knight Family, they really need it! 

As far as on my end, in the two seconds after I read the challenge (9 NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL team names that do not end in "s"), I've already got the OKC Thunder, so we're going good. I'll have the 9 soon enough. Oh, Jazz, there's another ;) 

Alright, email time. This week was legendary, the best week I've had in a while! We worked hard, and the numbers showed. We had more lessons with members this week than other lessons (almost double!). We put a goal down in the zone to reach an average of 11 weekly lessons with investigators (9 being the highest we reached in the last transfers) and we achieved an average of 11.1! The cherry on top though, was that even though we had Consejo (Leadership Meeting) on Sunday, and were in Comodoro, the members went to work, and we had 3 investigators in church this week! All 3 have fechas (baptismal dates).

One of them, Mathew, has ganas (desires) to get baptized this week! We're going to have to see how he does with smoking, and also if he's going to continue living with the novia (girlfriend) (which became a thing last week), but if we can get him nice and ready, we're going to have a bautismo this week! 

One of the other asistencias (investigators who came to church) is named Luisa. Her story is awesome. We were in a members house for lunch, and after finishing, her son let us out because he was leaving on his bike as well. As he biked away, Luisa (71 years old) arrived in a taxi at her home next door. As she entered, she said to us "Hey, you guys never come to share the word with me!" I said to her "Well then can we come on in right now?", and she accepted. That was the first miracle. The second miracle was 3 minutes later, when we heard a clap outside, and saw the member's son, Juan, who had biked away, standing outside. He came in, and we had an awesome lesson. Luisa accepted a fecha for the 13 of May. As we left, we asked Juan why he came back, and he said "I've been trying to listen more to the Spirit lately, and I felt strongly that I should return home. When I got here, I saw in the window that you guys were inside, and decided to join you." MIRACLE! The third miracle is that after we left for Comodoro on Saturday, Juan visited Luisa alone, had a good chat with her, then brought her to church on Sunday. You better believe that I'm making him cake mix cookies! 

Investigators came out of the woodwork, and even though we had 2 days less to work in the area, we had some of the best achievements I've had in my mission this week. Not only that makes me happy, but I also love that my zone showed up to play this week, and when we asked, they delivered! The Lord is pouring out blessing on Trelew Sur, and we're going to be contributing a lot of bautismos in Mayo. 

I love the Lord, and I know that he rewards faithful servants. All the success we are having is thanks to him! Please continue praying for Madi, and pray for the zona Trelew Sur. We've got a lot of success ahead of us, and we need your faith to put wind in our sails. I know that as my missionaries and I are obedient, we will baptize in May. 

FAMILY! I love you guys! I hope Sofia starts feeling better! MOM! I love you and am currently wearing one of the ties you sent me :) 

LOVE YOU GUYS! - Elder Jimenez


La Laguna next to the pension at sunset.
100% Jesus

Sunrise in Comodoro

Destiny missionary in the sunrise

Trelew South Stake Youth Mini-MTC Activity



And to Jose...
I'm pretty sad about Madi, but it makes we want to work more, and value this time more, so I'll definitely be working harder, and I'll dedicate it to her! 

As far as the sports world: Go Celtics! Go Jazz! Also, even though you didn't tell me anything about Champions, I've chosen a dog in the fight (not that I actually see anything of sports, and all I know comes from what the members tell me, but hey that counts right?) VAMOS ATLETICO! I'll send you a sweet pic of the $10 Atletico Madrid jersey that I bought :D 

Alright, after all that, congratulations of the better performance at Boston! It's good to have something to shoot for :) 

Were trying a new method in the zone (as you'll read in the biggie) of setting a weekly goal of average lessons per week in the zone. It worked brilliantly this week. I love it because it's something we need to do together, and it's a short term goal that lets us have animo (excitement) each and every week that we lograr (achieve) it. It's also cool because if someone had a bad week, the other compañerismos can bring them up, and help us all lograr la meta juntos (reach the goal together). So that's fun :) 

I hope you like the biggie, I love you Dad! - Elder Jimenez :)


No comments:

Post a Comment