Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 7... Lost missionary?

Alright, this week was crazy. Monday, after emailing, I continued to work out traslados (transfers), alone, and there was a crisis. The mini misionera (short-term missionary - like a high school student thinking about and preparing for a mission, so she came to get the mission experience...) that I sent out in the morning was lost thanks to the horrible communication system of the colectivos that has been caused by the storm. President was very, very angry with me (I didn't really do anything wrong, but he was just really stressed lol) I did everything I possibly could to find the girl, and we just couldn't. Finally, I just knelt down, said a really sincere prayer, and about 30 seconds later, got a call that she was already home, safe and sound. She had somehow passed through Caleta without the LZs (zone leaders) noticing (thank you LZs of Caleta...) and had already gotten home. Anyways, crisis averted, even though I had a stress attack over it! 

I woke up at 4am on Tuesday to make sure that the rest of my missionaries got out of town on their colectivos, and at 8:30, I had finished sending them out. They all made it to their new areas, making Trelew Sur the only zone, of 9 zones, to successfully carry out transfers, even with the huge disaster. It doesn't help my humility, but I think I earned feeling a little bit like a boss! The Lord was with me the whole time :) Anyways, I passed the rest of the day with Elder Tavares, a really sick Brasilero (Brazilian), so that was fun. 


The two Elder Jimenez's - one on his way out of Trelew!


The next day, Elder Farabee got here. We get along really well! During the week, we worked out the last couple problems of traslados (receiving people and bags). It was hilarious because one of the gringas that came to train got off her colectivo in Rawson instead of Trelew, and freaked out. I sent the Elders of Rawson to save her. Okay, maybe it's not that funny, but I still laughed! 

BTW, MY PACKAGE GOT HERE! It was weird, 'cause I took a pic with it, and for some reason, the pic didn't save... so that's sad! But I'm way pumped for the watch, the camara, and the face wash. Tasting a cosmic brownie was like a little slice of the celestial kingdom ;) THANKS MOM!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! 

This Sunday, we didn't have asistencia (investigators at church). It was really frustrating, because it was for dumb reasons too. Right now, Farabee and I are going to focus on finding new investigators, so we'll see how that goes. 




Oh, the other crazy thing is that we have no water here in Trelew, so today is my second day running of bucket showers! Those are fun ;) At least I can say that I become more and more a real missionary as the days go by :P So yeah, a really full week. I had some cool spiritual experiences during my studies, those were awesome. 

Hearing about Williams adventure was sweet (William was "lost" at Fenway Park on Saturday)! Those kids man... XD Hope you guys are enjoying Boston a ton, go Pats! (That's for you Dad ;) ) 

Sometimes, I feel like I don't talk a lot about the work in my emails, and I hope y'all know that it's not that we're not working, it's just that here in the Patagonia that work is definitely not like watching an action movie. It's like watching a chess match. It's slow, methodical, and very meticulous, and many times, the things we do are very monotonous, and not very interesting to hear about. Don't worry though, we're gonna be getting some bautismos soon enough! I'm hoping we finally find a checkmate down here though, and change this part of the world to an area with more baptisms. It'll help our animo (morale). It'll just help me feel like we're doing something for the Lord down here. This is where I was sent, and even though it's not Mexico, I'm here for a reason, so bautismos or no, we're gonna work, and be worthy for the blessings so that when it starts raining, it pours (metaphorically though, cause if it starts pouring again, we're all dead XD) I hope you guys are enjoying life! 

Family, I love you guys! I LOVE YOU MOM! - Elder J


Zona Trelew Sur - Elder Farabee is right in the front.

And to Jose...
So, we don't have water now... It's hilarious because it rained soooo much that the rivers are straight mud (they call it chocolatada (chocolate milk) lololololol) and they can't process the water for the city, so we haven't had water since Tuesday, and we probs won't have any till Thursday. Our water tank got us up until yesterday, and now it's bucket showers! Fun times :) 

The facturas did their damage, but Farabee likes eating healthy, so that'll help me out a lot. 

The stories from Boston make it sound like you guys had a great time! I hope you ran great :) 

Church was weird cause nobody talked about Easter, and we sang a Christmas hymn in Priesthood. That's Argentina though for you, you say felices pascuas (happy Easter), and the people are like "Oh, that's why they gave me this chocolate egg..." lol. 

That's nuts that there were 3 general authorities there (at Kurt and Jenn's ward in Boston)! Was Mitt Romney there?!?!? more lol. I'm loling a lot today XD 

Anyways, I'm holding out hope that one day you come into the light of the glorious red white and blue. Be proud to be an American, Dad! Be a Patriots fan ;) 

Love you! -Elder J

No comments:

Post a Comment