Monday, April 10, 2017

Union 1, Zona Trelew Sur - Week 6... Adios Dominguez

Alright, this week was nuts. Just NUTS! Everything is all jumbled together in my mind, so I'll need to give you the highlights instead of a timeline. 

Soooooo, we made tacos one day. I think there's a foto... We used the seasoning that you sent me Mom, and it was awesome! Dominguez made the tortillas and I made the meat, rice, and guacamole :D 


HICIMOS TACOS!
(But no lettuce or tomatoes because "we're poor mom!")

Other cool things, Dominguez finished the mission. That's causing me a lot of stress though, because he needed to leave Trelew on Saturday for his exit interview, and he left me alone to figure out how to manage traslados (transfers) for the first time in my life, and it just happens that these traslados are the worst, most complicated traslados in the history of the mission. The Comodoro disaster completely immobilized the Patagonia, because there's only one route, and it was damaged by the storm. On the route between Trelew and Comodoro, there was a part where a lot of water started passing over the road, like a river, and took away a lot of tierra (dirt). When the water stopped, a camion (truck) passed over the top of that spot and fell into a giant hole. Nobody died, pero hay un hueco gigante en la ruta ahora (but now there is a huge sinkhole in the road). The army built a bridge over it, but it's just one way, so it's only open at certain times. I was able to get one missionary through this morning, but the rest are going to have to wait, and I am definitely not going to be sleeping much for a couple days. I'm making up a ton of trios right now to work everything out. So yeah, I'm figuring that out, and it's coming together. Slowly haha! It's cool though because I like to manage even though it stresses me out. 

Other cool things, Mathew came to church! He's progressing really well, and I think were gonna have a baptism the 29th of this month, so that really excites me. Mathew is 21 years old and lives with his dad and sister who aren't interested right now. He's wicked smart though, reads the Book of Mormon when we ask him to, and writes 2 page reports about each reading :D Agustin didn't come to church because his tios are vagos (uncles are lazy), so that really bugged me, but were gonna work it out this week. 

There was one day this week that it rained a ton. Like, A TON! We were out working in the rain, and it got to the point that I didn't even try to keep dry anymore, because I was soaked to the bone. That's the mission I guess! 


Yo y Dominguez despues de la lluvia (no estoy seguro si se puede ver nuestra ropa muy bien pero estaba mojadisima) (Domingues and I after working in the rain. I'm not sure if you can tell, but our clothes are super soaked)

My new comp's name is Elder Farabee. I think he's from Arizona, he was one of Wilhelm's (Alex's first trainer) favorite companions. From what I've seen, he's a capo, so I'm pumped for that. I'm not actually sure when he'll get here though (if he ever gets here lol). 

A couple other crazy things happened this week, but I think I'm gonna save them 'til after the mission to tell y'all. 

To answer some of your questions Mom, Dominguez was here for 6 months, Sending comps home is not fun, cause it makes one trunky, but I'm too busy to be trunky right now, so it's okay haha! We still haven't gotten much news about Prince of Peace, I think the disaster has taken precedence down here. 

As far as Colby/Kelly goes, the clothes (from CTR Clothing-we did one stop shopping for the mission) are holding up great. Like really well. Especially the socks. Send him with a light jacket and the mister mac jacket to put on top, that's what I like doing. Buy a good backpack that will last, it's worth the investment. 

Anyways, it's a stressful time, but a good one igual (just the same)! As I focus in on my purpose as a representative of Jesus Christ, the work becomes easier. Im so happy to have heard from everyone! 

I LOVE YOU GUYS, ESPECIALLY YOU 'MOM! 

Have a great week :) - Elder J


And to Jose...
That trip sounds like a dream... JEALOUS! If you read my mail, you'll see that we're passing through a little piece of hell right now, so that's fun ;D It would be sick if you could see the Leicester game. 

Dominguez is gone, the package still hasn't arrived, the weather is still crazy (it's gonna rain again in Comodoro), and I've been living off of facturas (Argentine pastries) lately, 'cause I dont have time to do anything else, and that's been a bit much, but aside from that, I'm healthy :) 

Congrats on the win! You ran that pretty dang fast! (Jose ran a 1:34 at the Riverton Half Marathon in the freezing rain on Saturday - and got First in his age group!!!) Keep up the good work, and I'll keep on keepin' on down here. 

Love you Dad! - Elder Son

No comments:

Post a Comment