Monday, June 27, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 7... AWESOME Surprise in this post!

Alright, where do I begin.... This week has been hectic! After the last P-Day, they put me in a trio for 2 days with Caceres and Torrez and I HATED IT. They were just walkin' and talkin' Spanish to each other, and I was just walking behind kicking rocks the whole time. Plus we weren't in my area, and overall it just sucked haha. 

But it's okay, because Elder Hernandez arrived, and we got to go back to Tolhuin. Elder Hernandez is pretty dope. He doesn't speak a lick of English, but I've already learned a load of Spanish from him. I know that my Spanish in the vids totally sucks, but it's because I felt pressured to speak Spanish for you guys. Know that I'm doing a bit better than that haha. But yeah, he's definitely different than Wilhelm, good and bad. He's having a reeeeeally rough time adjusting to Tolhuin because all of his other areas have been centros, so it's way different for him. Plus Tolhuin is just hard, and his abuela passed away last week, so it's just the perfect storm working on him right now. I'm trying to have all the sympathy I can, but it's a bit difficult cause he's really irritable. But it's okay, I can tell that he's trying, and I've been mas o menos where he is right now, so I'll be patient. It's just kind of hard cause I'm this brand new missionary, don't know jack squat, and I have to be the senior comp for now. BUT WERE GONNA MAKE IT. 

On the bright side, the problems with the members are toning down a lot. We made a really big effort to visit all the families, and I think they responded well. We had around 20 at church this week. None of our investigators came, so all fechas dropped which sucked, but it's okay. Really awesome experience that happened, yesterday it was raining way hard all day. So at 7pm, our last cita fell through (like always lol), so we were just out in the cold, with nothing to do. So we started walking, and the streets are straight half foot deep mud, and I see the casa of some menos activos. These guys never let us in, but I just felt like we should try. So we go up to the door, clap, and the Hermano comes out, first time I've met him. He tells us que podiamos pasar otra dia (We can come visit another day). FAAAAAAAAAH EN SERIO?????? So like always, we start walking away, but when we we're halfway across the street, he came back outside, and told us to come back. They invited us in, and he essentially apologized for being so frio (cold) with us in the past. They're converts of Elder Yapias' (a recently returned elder in David's ward or stake that Alex met before the mission). Anyways, we got to know 'em, and to wrap things up, I shared a scripture that I think really resonated with them. Then we got to trudge straight home. It was awesome. Tender mercies man. 

Anyways, as I'm sure you can see, some of the dogs are starting to grow on me. Others I still want to punt a mile. My heart is broken by COPA. Not sure if there's anything else worth noting... Milka Torta Oreo is the new king over Pepitos (I'm gonna get soooo much crap from Elder Wilhelm for saying that). 

I think that that's pretty much todo for now. I miss you guys a ton!!!! Tell Sofia she's a capa, tell Dad and Nikki and Kevin I love em. Tell Abuela thanks for the letter, it lifted my spirits! 

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!!! - Elder Jimenez




​And the pic is by the sea in Rio Grande while I was in the trio




This is me with handshake dog (I named him Mano-el lololol)​.


And this me with Mooch. 
He's a perro de calle that lives by the pensh. 
I'm sure you can tell why we call him Mooch :)​



Dad, 

I just love your emails, even when they totally suck. The Shankies totally choked on me, and not only did Argentina lose, CHILE WON. En serio... Anyways, still awesome to hear from you. 

Sucks that you don't get to go Moab, but we don't play hard till after we work hard right? Temple Square literally sounds like the Celestial Kingdom in comparison to where I am right now, so totally jealous of that. 

As far as presidential news, an abuelita referred to Obama as el negrito this week so that was hilarious. And seriously, can the second coming just happen already? Id like to see Abuelo again, plus if it happens any other day than Monday, we might get a special p-day out of it, which I could always use haha. 

Thanks for the animo, your council each week really does make a difference for me. I'm doing my best to stay healthy down here, losing a bit of weight, but not a ton. Elder Hernandez could definitely use some strength, he's straight weeping at the other computadora. That was me week 2 though, so no judging here. 

I love you Dad! You're my biggest role model in life, and this whole mission things is finally helping me to figure you out. Eat a burger for me, Ill eat an alfajor for you. 

Muchisimo amor - Elder Jimenez, Aguante Familia Jimenez+2Muncy y espero que 3Muncy por el tiempo que regreso

No comments:

Post a Comment