Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 5... Wowza!

Wowza. This week was nuts, but I'm alive, so that's good. Yesterday (Domingo) was suuuuuper rough for most of the day. Church was Elder Wilhelm and I with 2 of the men from the ward. Hermano Sieles was on vacation, and none of our investigators came. Also, an hermano arrived this week, the husband of one of the hermanas in the ward. He and one of the other hermanos have been causing a lot of problems because they're super zealots who believe that they're better than everyone else because they've been to the temple, and they don't like Hermano Sieles, so they're causing a lot of turmoil. I'm actually starting to worry that the Church is gonna die in Tolhuin. The only members we have are starting to come less and less because of the two hermanos. So I'm honestly worrying. And for the first time in my life, on Domingo, I was mad at God. I was mad at him that I was in Tolhuin, because with the church group struggling so much, we can't bring any investigators to church, and they don't even come anyways. I was mad at Heavenly Father for putting me in Tolhuin because I believed that there was no success to be had, but then I prayed, repented, asked to have more humility, and now I'm good haha. I just need to keep grinding, and look for the miracles out here. 

As for other work related things from last week, we dropped four fechas (baptismal dates) in one night earlier in the week. We also had a zone meeting this week in Rio Grande, where we learned that Tolhuin has 5 out of the 9 active fechas in the zone, and over half of the new investigators and contacts. So boom. Take that Satan. 

Today was cool, because it's super PDay, and I'm actually in Ushuaia right now. (Now meaning he's on the computer about 2pm instead of his usual 7:30am - thus the late posting of this blog. Ushuaia is about 1 1/2 hours southwest of Tolhuin - and really is the "end of the world".) It's really beautiful, and a ton richer that Tolhuin. I saw a three story building, so that was crazy haha. We started the day going on a hike up to Laguna Esmeralda, a frozen lake and glacier, which was legit one of the most dangerous things I've ever done, but for some reason, I was actually totally tranqy the whole tie, so that was dope. I've got a lot of sick pics from that. 

Other interesting things this week... Risk was fun, I beat Elder Wilhelm which was a miracle. I heard that there was an attack in the US, so that's no good. I'll be praying. I read this talk Purification about an Elder from Uruguay, and now I just started a 40 day spiritual fast, so well see how that goes. Hopefully I become the next Paul or something... that's what were gonna need to baptize in Tolhuin haha! We made fried chicken again, so that was sick. Elder Wilhelm gets trunkier by the day, but honestly, I don't blame him haha. I'm trying to think if there's any more... Honestly things are going slow out here, but I'm just gonna keep working. I love you guys! If there's anything else to say, I'll send another email with more, but for now, I'm gonna send some pics. 

Love you Mom!


The pics are literally taking forever, so I'm not sending them all, but just know that the breathtaking landscapes are only a small portion of the shots I got haha. I'm gonna go to my first asado (think Rodizio's... we'll have to find out next week if it lived up to the hype!) here in about 30 mins, so that rocks. 














Oh yeah it snowed in Tolhuin. And now you can see that I was literally in the misty mountains earlier. I kept an eye out for Balrogs. There was soooo much hielo (ice), so I slipped a million times, and I've got a tone of scrapes. Worth is though!!!!



Does the sun EVER shine in Tolhuin? All the pics you've sent are very overcast... Very little, but yes. It's awesome though cause every time we see the blue sky we're like "Holy cow! God is awesome!" So tender mercies haha.

Hey, so I've got to go. Mom, I LOVE YOU! Were almost an 8th of the way there haha! Who's counting though right (; Now I'm gonna go eat some asado for you! Tell Abuela that I miss her, and that I appreciate the letters that I received from her in the Zone Conf. She helps me remember that I've got a lot of support. I love that woman. Almost as much as you, but not as much so don't worry haha. Tell Sofia to be good. And Nikki and Kevin for that matter. Tell Dad that hes a capo. And you're a capa. Love you guys so much! Hopefully I'll be on at a regular time next week! 

LOVE YOU. - Elder Jimenez, aka Alex (:



No comments:

Post a Comment