Monday, June 6, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 4... Shamu's Splash Zone

Alright, this week was dope, kind of a blur, but dope nonetheless. 

The first highlight would have to be the Zone Conference on Saturday. We left for Rio Grande Friday night, slept at Cruz and Nelson's pensh, then had the Zone Conference the next day. Seeing Hermana Rogers and President brought me a lot more joy than I thought it would. The conference was legendary and it re-energized me to slay it out here. It was also really awesome to see the APs again. Elder Goodman trained in Tolhuin, so we've got a special bond goin' that's pretty cool. Might I just add that the most recent latin AP also trained in Tolhuin... just saying... 

The greatest surprise this week though was that right before Elder Wilhelm and I were going to teach the lesson in church yesterday, President and Hermana Rogers came walking in with the APs! They came out to our little town of Tolhuin, it was so awesome. Also, ELDER WILHELM AND I GOT AN INVESTIGATOR TO CHURCH!!!! According to Elder Wilhelm, it's the first time in over 5 months that that has happened, so BLESSINGS. Her name is Liliana, and not only did she come to church, when we met with her earlier in the week, she said she already had a testimony of the Book of Mormon. WE MIGHT BAPTIZE IN BAUTIMES (Baptism Month - President Rogers is looking for a super month of baptisms!). Heck, even if we don't baptize in Bautimes WE MIGHT BAPTIZE IN TOLHUIN!

Last month the mission broke the mission record for baptisms in a month with 43 and Zona Rio Grande had 8 of them (out of 10 zones) so the APs say that Rio Grande is the SPLASH ZONE. Yesterday, after we took Liliana home, we were walking down the road, and Elder Wilhelm said "If Rio Grande is the Splash Zone, then Tolhuin is about to become Shamu's tank!" We're soooo excited. We've also got 2 other investigators that are looking really promising, so were gonna keep our fingers crossed there. Let's get some assistencia (church attendance), then we'll talk about baptism. 

Anyways, other awesome things that happened this week, there's an investigator couple that will never progress, but they're really cool, and they took us to Lago Fagnano last PDay. The pics are legendary. I'm starting to understand why people think Tolhuin is the most beautiful area in the mission. 

Food was good enough last week, so that's still legit. There is a dog trying to walk on my keyboard right now. Get away dog. Elder Wilhelm gave me some more music on a usb, so that's legit. Ummmmmm, I stopped eating alfajores because I don't want to be toooo fat (even though down here I could probably use some extra layers). 

It snowed for the first time, but it was super weak. Pics are cool though. The roads are ICE RINKS today, but we have fun with it. Sounds like Sofia's getting a really cool experience, so that's good. I'm excited to see what Nikki and Kevin do with the apartment, and Dad continually proves that he's a capo (boss). I wish we had people like Dad out here. Oh and with Anthony's mujer (as they would say out here) is she hawt? Copper Hills girls can go either way. Find the Allens, and tell them that I love and miss them. Those guys rock. Spanish is slow, but coming, so I'm gonna keep trying. 

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that's about it. I miss and love you guys a ton. E Dubs (Elder Wilhelm) and I are gonna bring some converts home for ya'll. SHANKEYS FOR THE WIN. Really though, love you guys, keep doing whats good, and please strengthen the members around you, and pray for the members of Tolhuin. They need it bad. 

LOVE YOU GUYS - Elder Jimenez

Alex told me that they are making fried chicken today, and playing Risk. I told him to conquer - I mean convert - the world!

Here are some snow pics that are pretty nice...



Lago Fagnano pics that are legendary.


The H is for all the chumps who graduated last week. Oh and Austin, cause he's not a chump, even though he didn't email me last week so he kind of is but...

And finally that dock by the lake 
(we were up on a lookout point for the first ones, down by the lake for the dock one)


And now, in response to Jose's email...
I love reading your emails too Dad! The sports updates are straight fiyaaaah. If you can get me any weekly info on River, Boca, and San Lorenzo that would be cool too, but if you can't, that's fine. By the way Real Madrid beat Atlético. So yep. 

Alright as far as your questions/comments: I totally took your advice, and I've been slappin' these people around a bit more, and they actually respond well which is hilarious. The grand majority of the people here are Cerraderos (I'm pretty sure its called a Sawmill in English, but for some reason that just feels wrong haha) but yeah everybody cuts wood. By the way, thought I'd throw this in, I just remembered that I included this word in Moms email, but didn't explain it. Shankies. It's what they call us down here. If you can't figure it out by looking at it, pretend you're Argentine and say it, and you'll know. 

Anyways, the churros are still good, but I'm trying to cut back on the throw away calories, so less is better. Sofia's trip sounds dope, so does your triathlon. I honestly don't know how you do it all at once and like it though, Dad. You work like a missionary! Have fun with the apartment, cause I'm definitely having fun by not being there. I already told Mom this, but tell the Allen's I love em and miss em. 

Go Cavs! BTW, if you thought LeBron could dunk, just wait till when Elder W and I get some people in the water down here. We're gonna splash more than Steph and Klay combined. Waters probably gonna spill over the sides though, and then it'll freeze on the street, and well have to skate to our appointments like we have the past couple days. Not fun haha. Anyways, Splash Zone for days, Shamu's about to breach. GET YOUR RAIN COATS ON. Anyways, now that I got all that out, I love you Dad. Thanks for being the best Dad in the universe after Heavenly Father of course. Keep the hard work up, and I'll keep working to become more like you. BTW, I don't know if you read the fourth missionary talk, but if you didn't, do it, then read Purification. It tells you how become a 4. 
Love you Dad! - Elder Jimenez

PS - Also tell Bishop congrats on the upcoming baby, and that the mile deep wound from him not coming to my farewell has almost healed, so that's good too!


No comments:

Post a Comment