Monday, July 11, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 8... Happy Fourth of July!

Sorry that this post is so late... between family reunions and the Fourth at the beginning of the week, and Nikki's wedding at the end of the week, I just couldn't get it posted. But the bright side is that today there will be two letters!

This week was dope. Where do I even start? What even happened this week lol... Elder Hernandez got it together this week, and now were straight slayin in Tolhuin. Our numbers climbed back up this week, and miracles are just happening. 


First of all, los Amarilla have started coming to church with all of their children, which is a miracle, LOS BULLONES (menos activo) CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY, WHICH WAS A F.R.E.A.K.I.N. MILAGRO, and we pretty much just had a fiesta en la capilla yesterday. 


Castellano's coming (Spanish is coming)

Random stories from the week... we found some more good investigators, so the pool of baptize-ables is starting to look more like a lake. We just have got to get these guys progressing. But I'm pretty sure I've got another transfer (6 weeks) in me here in Tolhuin, so we can kind of take our time. We found a menos activa that is literally the funnest person on the planet. She has a ton of friends that are always over at her house, so we get to teach investigators and a menos activo all at once, plus she always makes us chocolatada and has cookies, so that's dope. 

I have a story. We were fasting yesterday, and one of the Hermanas that came down from Rio Grande brought us a cake. So I was pumped out of my mind for this cake, then last hour of church, we find out that the hermana is doing a training, so were with the 6 primary/nursery kids for the hour. Totally against the mission rules, but the women of Tolhuin needed a meeting for Sociodad de Soccoro (Relief Society) for once, so we'll repent later. Anyways, I'm sitting with these hyperactive latino babies, worst hour of my life, and all I can think about is this cake. So we finally finish at church, I sprint back to the pensh, say a less sincere than it should have been prayer, mob over to our crappy little fridge, I get our cake, unwrap it aaaaaaaaaaand... Nuts. Nuts everywhere!!! Then Elder Hernandes es como "Oh, yo tengo algunas galletitas. Usted puede tener unas si usted quiere" ("Oh, I have some cookies. You can have these if you want!") So he hands me one of the crappy little bags of cardboard cookies, and I go and cry silently in the corner while he eats the cake. 

So then later in the night, were at Anna Silvas, and her friend Anival is there, and we tell them about the story. Then we start to teach, and he leaves. Sucks. But then in the middle of the discussion, he comes back WITH A FREAKIN' CAKE. I didn't say a word, I just got up and hugged him almost as sincerely as I would hug you right now, Mom. Tears were shed. Plus he bought me some yerba (weed) (not that yerba) because with the new president de Buenos Aires, we can totally drink mate in the pensh now haha. I tried some of Elder Hs, suuuper amargo, nasty, and the brand Anival bought is nasty too, but Elder H thinks that he prepared it wrong, so I'll give mate one more chance. 

Anyways, there was a bunch more that happened this week, but I'm pretty sure that everyone has already skipped to this part, so just know that I'm doing good, Tolhuin is progressing slowly (I'm gonna unpack the whites today as a show of faith), and yes Mom, I still love you. Soooo pumped for Nikki and Kev, even though she's totally deserting us. But hey, Jimenez is more copado que Muncey anyways, so jaja! 

Love you guys a ton, fourth of July 'merica, enjoy somethin' 'merican for me, and I'll eat a pepa for 'merica. Love you guys with all my heart, see you in 20.5 months, but whos countin haha ;) 

Love you Mom! - Elder Jimenez, el mas copado!!!!!


Baked chicken that we made!

I commented on the fact that the sun was shining... Yeah we had some sun this week :) We also got hailed on last night, so don't go thinking were basking in the warm sand down here haha!

The gate we built for Familia Amarilla's... it actually works - watch the video!






No comments:

Post a Comment