Monday, July 18, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 10... When it's Icy... hematoma

Alright, here's the big one. Drumroll... but first I want to respond to the stuff you guys said :P First of all, super cute about Ellie, make those girls know I love em, and make sure to call them by each others names on purpose for me ;) Also, tell Adam that I was totally talking about him yesterday. One of my menos activos is pretty much mister miyagi/master shifu. He owns a dojo, knows a ton of martial arts, and home taught himself Japanese, so I think Adam has to meet this guy haha XD 

Hearing about summer fireworks and driving the coast is making me way trunky, so thanks for that jaja, sounds like you guys are having a summer copado. 

As far as things here in Tolhuin, tranqy no mas (tranquil, nothing more)

As for specifics, this week I met Presidente Salerno. He's a capo. Not really much more to say... I did ask him to leave me in Tolhuin for 2 more transfers though, and he was all "I'll take note of that" so two thumbs up for that (funny story about thumbs later). Hermana Salerno is also awesome, not afraid to say that she carries a bit more weight, that president carries a bit more weight, and that all of us also carry a bit more weight jaja! And if you don't, you get chastised, so I guess I just have to start pounding facturas ;) Speaking of that, the APs passed by Tohluin this week, cause Goodman's about to die, and he wanted to say his teary goodbyes, and they bought facturas for desayuno and empanadas por almuerzo so that was dope. Blame it on Hermana Salerno jaja! 

We put 2 fechas this week, and 1 of em is wayyy solid. The bautismo is such a chase out here, but I can freakin' smell it were so close. Asi que aguante Tolhuin. 

I slipped a couple times this week, and now I have an hematoma en mi trasero (bruised behind) that hurts like a motha. You can choose if you want to leave that in the blog post or not, I thought it would make Greg Graham laugh, so make sure he at least sees it. 

One more shout out too, I was sitting in the capilla last week, and I totally had the thought "I just wish we had a Bryan Dipo out here". That guy is the epitome of a solid member, and I just freakin' WANT ONE! So tell him that if he wants to move to Tolhuin, he's welcome. He already even almost speaks Castellano. Warn him though that if he does move to Tolhuin, he'll regret it for the rest of his life jaja! 

Anyways, its been raining for days down here, so I think I finally understand what it feels like to have wet bones. My beautiful scriptures are suffering, but it's for a good cause right ;) 

I was so happy earlier this week when I was sitting in bed, just about to go to sleep, EXHAUSTED, when I got a random call from ELDER TIFANNY and Elder Saunders in Calafate :) They were just chillin' (those truchos) and decided to call me. Soooo happy to hear that kid's voice again, and Elder Saunders seems pretty cool too (he's from Herriman and only has 7.5 months in the mish, so we'll probably cross paths eventually). Gahhh, I missed Tifanny so much, it was awesome to just chat with him. 

Capilla esta semana (Church this week) was dope, there was like 20 people including 5 menos activos that are all looking pretty well reactivated right now. Plus, the members have worked out the most obvious of all the problems, so, Dad, it's also a bit like the 60s down here, but the peace, love, and weed part of the 60s (and by weed I mean yerba mate por su puesto XD (And by weed I mean yerba mate of course!)). 

Anyways, that's pretty much it for the week. El Bautismo is elusive, but I really believe that I'm gonna be gettin' in my whites here in Tolhuin. 

Love you guys sooooo much!!! Tell Nikki and Kevin to email me (and by Kevin emailing me I don't mean Nikki saying in her email that Kevin says hi jaja) Mom, you know you're numero uno en mi corazon ;) 

4 months down, eternal life to go, AGUANTE FAMILIA JIMENEZ!!!! 
- Your beloved son, Elder Jimenez :)



a beautiful view of lake fagnano

Me with the asistentes. El gringo (Goodman) started his mission aca en tohluin (here in Tolhuin), and he's gonna die in 2 weeks. Pantoja also served here, so as you can see, I guess they just reserve Tolhuin for los capos jaja!



and... OH YEAH MY LOCO MOCO!!!! We were totally cleaning the pensh, and I found GRAVY. FREAKIN MCCORMICK GRAVY. This was by far the best meal casero that I've had en la patagonia :D


How's your apartment (pensh)? The pics we've seen are only of the kitchen/front door... and what's up with the FLATSCREEN???

Yeah it's wayyy small, we have the room in front with the table, the cooking appliances, and the tv haha, and then there's the tiny bedroom with one bed and one bunkbed, and our closets (wayyy claustrophobic). Then there's the bathroom with the washing machine that we need to move every pday so the cable reaches. The bathroom is also wayyy claustrophobic, and the shower is missing one of the wall panels, so you have to stand in a certain way to block the water from leaving. 

So were pretty much living like chetos out here jaja! (according to the urban dictionary... "Chetos: An Argentine word for "Posh" It can imply a bit of snobbishness when used for that which is unnecessarily extravagant." - so I think he's being sarcastic...) 

As far as the TV, the cable got ripped out (gosh dang it Rogers) but we still use it for music and el districto. Essentially, the people in latin america are wayyyyy smarter with tv use than the gringos. Each tv has a port for a usb, so all the latinos carry pendrives with pics, music, and movies, and you can watch or listen with cualquiera tv. Pretty dope. As far as other reading, I already read the rest of the missionary librabry, menos our search for happiness, and I'm gonna start Predicad Mi Evangelio en Castellano next :) (He told me earlier in the chat that he's on page 720 of Jesus the Christ!)

Another interetsting fact I learned today as I was looking at info on Lake Fagnano... Tolhuin means ‘heart-shaped’ in Selk’nam, the perfect word to describe this town on the shore of Lake Fagnano between the mountain range and the plateau... 

If I ever go visit Tierra del Fuego, I'm staying at the Hosteria Kaiken :) http://www.hosteriakaiken.com/

And... the Selk'nam were one of the last aboriginal groups to be "colonized" by the Spanish in South America... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selknam_people

And here's the thumbs story that I totally forgot to include...
Alright, so we were in Familia Vidal's house for lunch, and I shared the scripture Alma 5:16:

I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?

and then essentially Hermano Vidal said that if you can imagine Jesus giving you the dedo (thumbs up), you're A okay. The way he said it was just hilarious, and then he gave us the dedo and he totally winked, and the look on his face just made the cake. The guy is just awesome. We also looked at the pic with Jesus descending from Heaven with all his angels, and one of his hands totally looks like he's about to give us all the dedo, so we were just dying in his house laughing XD  

And at the end of our little chat session...
Alright Mom, this is the worst time of the week, but I've got to go. Seriously Mom, I love you. I pray every night and say thank you for having a mom like you. We've already got 4 months down! That's huge! We'll be huggin' in the airport before you know it ;) I'll be back next week, make sure that the fam knows that I love em, especially dad and abuela, and most importantly YOU <3 Love you Mom :) oh and just got the things about packages, just send em to the office and they'll get em to me. As far as goodies, GRAVY. And whatever else, lol I hope you're laughing right now. Honestly, just to know the envelope was in your hands makes it special for me Mom. I LOVE YOU. - Elder Jimenez

And, last but not least... Alex's message to Jose...
Dad your emails are the freakin' best. I don't have a ton of time, but I do want to respond. You're cien por ciento correcto when it comes to Jesucristo bringing paz in this crazy world. I'm sooo blessed to have parents with their heads screwed on correctly. 

As far as the sports update, KD is such a crowd pleaser, and unless the warriors gave up anyone big, the rest of the NBA can say goodbye to the next couple championships, because the Warriors legit have two MVPs and 3 all stars on the court all at once. Dwayne Wade in a bulls uniform is probably one of the most beautiful images I can imagine, aguante for days man. 

Sucks for Javi (Javier Gomez - out of the olympics after a bike crash), but maybe you can slay Vineman and take his spot haha! Dad, you are seriously a legend in my book. I'm really not that trunky down here, I'll put in 20 more months tranquilo, but when I eventually do come home, I'm gonna give you a huuuuuuuge hug right after I hug Mom and Abuela. 

Love you!!!! 
- Elder Jimenz, su hijo amado 

Oh and by the way, so freakin' glad you're takin' a vacation Dad! I should be the only one in the family that's working as hard as I am, it's unhealthy for the rest of you. Especially with that old heart of yours Dad, make sure to take it easy and eat some cheerios on the vacation. Lol, love you ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment