Monday, July 25, 2016

Tolhuin, Zona Rio Grande - Week 11... Invitation


Alright, time for the biggie. Aren't you sooo excited!?!?!

So here goes: first of all, sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun back in the states. The pics were legit so nice. I have the best family on the planet! I asked around, and there are a couple guys that mas o menos knew Hardy (i'm in Rio Grande ahora). Cardwell was the only one who seemed to actually know him. (We met the previous Elder Hardy in Post Falls at Nikki and Kevin's open house. His family has known the Muncey's for many years. He came home from Comodoro about 10 months ago. We had a great time visiting with him about the mission!)

Anyways, got an email from Kess saying that she has two friends coming down to el fin del mundo, so that's pretty dope. She also has a call to serve in Milwakee, so go Wisconsin :D

Anyways, I can't say that I feel too bad for you in your crappy McDonalds because in comparison, it would probs be the nicest building in Tolhuin jaja! (We had to stop at McD's to use the free wifi because I cannot type a letter on my phone and needed to use my laptop!)

As for your preguntas: Yummy stuff... no se facturas de la union is the only thing I can think of... oh I also tried the empanadas de la rotiserria above the pensh, and they're pretty darn good. The dogs are fine, it's kind of a regular thing now :) By the way we have names for em all, some from me, others from other missionaries, here are the names that I came up with: Mooch, Tonto, Champ, Decimus, and that might be it. We've also got Bro, the Black and Yellows (there are four, so when we see them, we say Black and Yellow 4x like Wiz Khalifa lol) and Big Balls (the name fits, I'll tell yah jaja!)

Anyways, Juan (magnifying glass) is way hit and miss, so that sucks, but it's pretty much the story with everyone down here. I've been struggling with that lately. We can't seem to teach more than 3 solid lessons with any one person, because the people are sooooo flakey, but it makes me feel trucho, like a bad herramienta (tool) because were not seeing a lot of crazy success. Everyone else is baptizing, including the trucho missionaries, and we're still struggling out here. But this is the time when I just need to buckle down and keep praying for milagros (miracles). In PME (Preach My Gospel) it says that we should always try to leave our areas better than we've found em, and if I was to transfer out of Tolhuin this week, I would honestly be able to say that I gave my all, and the church is stronger for it. We've already reactivated 5 menos activos, and we've got others that are getting there. It's just the freakin bautismo that's escaping us. I'm not gonna get transferred out of Tolhuin, cause the Lord knows I've got some seriously unfinished business with the corazon de la isla (heart of the island).

As for things of note that happened this week: I finished Jesus the Christ, so that was way sick. I really do love the Savior, and it's a blessing to a part of his team.

Another thing, we were walking this week, and we got stopped by the drunkest man I have ever seen in my entire life. The guy was cherry red, and I was a meter away from him, and the alcohol on his breath burnt my nostrils for the rest of the day. It was hilarious though, because he grabbed my agenda and tried to explain all of these deep concepts to us, then he started crying, and I had to turn away cause I was trying so hard not to laugh. Then the dude gave us bear hugs, lifting us off the ground, and we gave him a book of mormon, and he kissed it, raised it in the air, and touched the ground with his knee. Then he pulled a car over, explained to us how the guy driving was his MEJOR AMIGO. ESTE, ESTE.... ESTE ES MI MEJOR AMIGO CHE. MI MEJOR AMIGO and the dude just had this look on his face like I hate my life jajaja! It was awesome.
We also met Charlie. He's the equivalent of a brown santa clause with black hair. The guy is soooo profound, and his story was sick, but I dont have time to tell it, so you guys can just wonder ;)

Me and Elder Hernandez were having some probs because he was being so muerto, like I needed to push him to do everything, but then we talked, and he's just still struggling with his family probs, so although it's hard, I've just been making a really big effort to let him know that I love him and I'm here to help him if he needs it. LATINO PRIDEFULNESS IS KILLIN' ME GUYS. But we're gonna make it. I love my comp. I love el Señor.

One of our best investigators moved to Ushuaia, so there goes one bautismo lol. I've decided that were gonna focus in on 2 investigators that are the only ones progressing. It's hard because one is lesbian and the other is addicted to smoking, but they actually keep compromisos, plus they're totally awesome people, so were gonna start teaching em 4 or 5 times a week.

The last thing would have to be funny experience we had yesterday. Los Vidal didn't come to church because the Hno was sick, so later, we brought them the Sacrament, and Hno Vidal had totally arranged a table, a couple rows of chairs, and his whole family was in church clothes. It was such a Hno Vidal kind of thing to do, but it was awesome igual jaja!

Anyways, that's pretty much it for now. We're just straight grindin' out here in Tolhuin. There's a talk from Elder Holland where he says, "For the Savior, I need someone who loves me, really loves me. I need someone to preach my gospel, and defend my faith." That really speaks to me, because each time we watch the vid in the pensh, I can hear the Savior saying to me "I need someone who loves me enough to go to Tohluin, and with all the trials and isolation, give their 100% day in, day out bautismos or no." That's the missionary that I was called to be in this part of my mission, so I'm gonna be it, because I really do love el Señor, and HE LIVES. Todas personas merecen la oportunidad venir a Jesucristo y sentir su amor. Hay personas que están preparadas en Tolhuin, y vamos a encontrarlas y BAUTIZARLAS. (Everyone deserves the opportunity to come to Christ and feel his love. There are people who are prepared in Tolhuin and we are going to find them and baptize them!) 

I love the mish, I LOVE MY FAMILY, and I love el Señor. I really do have a testimony that there is more proposito than just this life, and I invite eveyone who reads this post to sit down, and think if they're really doing the important things in life. If the answer is no, I invite you guys to repent and change.

Mom, I LOVE YOU. Make sure the fam knows that I think about em, but not too much. Eat some Red Robin for me. 

LOVE YOU GUYS! 
- Elder Jimenez AGUANTE TOLHUIN, SHANKIES, Y FAMILIA JIMENEZ!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment