Monday, January 22, 2018

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 23... Splits in Buenos Aires!!!

Hey family :)

MOM! Thanks for the names! I'm pretty sure that we're going to be able to go :D we're passing back through Buenos Aires on Thursday, and President is letting us go to the temple. I'm soooooo pumped!

This week was pretty cool overall. We started the week by heading up to Trelew to give the 2nd conference this transfer. It went well, and was fun because we went with Presidente no mas. We got back to Comodoro on Tuesday in the afternoon, and early Wednesday morning, we got on the road to Gallegos. No rest for the weary!

Gallegos was the third conference, and it went really well! Elder Ekblad and I started to get in a groove with our presentation, so we taught a bit better each time. Overall, Gallegos was also a success. We left Gallegos Friday in the morning, and got back to Comdoro Friday night.

Saturday was tranqy, doing a lot of chores that we had fallen behind on thanks to the traveling that we had done.

Sunday started off with a bang. On Friday, while we were coming home from Gallegos, right as we arrived to a little town to pump gas, we got a call from a missionary, saying that he and his companion had had some problems, and that he wanted a division with the Zone Leaders. We authorized it, and President planned on interviewing the two of 'em (fire and brimstone). Lucky for them though, President woke up early on Sunday, and felt sick, so he did something that he's never done. He passed the interview to Elder Ekblad and I! On one hand, it was cool because it showed the confidence that President has in us, but on the other, I was a bit nervous, because there was a bit of bad blood, and we were going to have to find a way to understand the situation without having an accuse-fest on our hands. So we invited the missionaries, and we asked that the zone leaders come, so that the missionaries would give the same story to us that they had given to the zone leaders. As I said, I was a bit nervous, but we decided to manage the interview by giving the missionaries timed intervals in which they could give their part, we would ask questions, then the other missionary would have equal time to defend himself.

At first it was way tense, but we had prayed before the interview, and I was praying the whole time that the Spirit would guide us. It did. We ended up finding the truth, and coming up with solutions that were very obviously not of our own design, rather that of God. It was a really edifying experience!

After the interview, we had church, then after church, we had our first flight to Buenos Aires. I had to say goodbye to Elder Nelson, because he had to go home on Monday to not lose his football scholarship. It was sad because he's been a mission long friend! But I'll see him soon, since he's from Utah. The flight to Buenos Aires flew by, because I was seated next to Hermana Salerno, and we talked the whole flight.

When we got to Buenos Aires, we called President Smith from Buenos Aires Norte, and arranged a division with the elders of MicroCentro. When we arrived at the bus station in which they were waiting, I was shocked to see that "Elder Dominguez" from MicroCentro was Hermano Jorgito from Rio Gallegos!!! He had been a ward missionary while I was in the branch, and I was at his farewell talk a year earlier! It was soooooooo cool to work with him! We had a great time contacting the centro of Buenos Aires. We ended up finding a family from Bolivia. I'm praying that the elders get to their home, because they seemed very prepared. Overall, it was a great experience; Elder Dominguez (Jorgito) is going to send me the pics :D

We stayed the night in a hotel with President, and then today, after a 4 hour flight talking to a Greek dude who knew a lot about world news, we arrived in Ushuaia, where I'm currently writing. All this travel makes me think that I may want to work in the business management side of travel agencies, or hotels, or something similar. What do you think Dad?

Overall, great week! I got to share the gospel from la Patagonia to Capital Federal, and now I'll take the chance to let all you know that I know that Jesus is the Christ, that Joseph Smith is the chosen prophet of the Restoration, and that the Book of Mormon is 100% true!

FAMILY: I love you guys! Stay safe from gun toting, 33 year old children this week! I'm glad you guys are safe :) 

MOM! I love you! Thanks again for the temple cards! LOVE YOU! 

Love y'all :) - Elder Jimenez









No comments:

Post a Comment