Tuesday, January 16, 2018

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 22... Maybe fun after the mission cut



Consejo went really well this week. The Inspired Training wasn't just good on paper, and didn't just GO well in Consejo. It's GOING well in the mission. We've got all the Lideres de Zona on board, and now we've got to work on the District Leaders. This could bring BIG changes for the mission, I have a feeling that were going to blow up in 2018. I might be crazy, and I'm sure my family would cringe hearing this, but if they let me, I might consider staying until my 21st birthday XD Luckily they won't let me do that, so I'll be home si o si in three months :) 

We actually had a couple moments to work in the area. Nothing too crazy happened. Just trying to always be outside the comfort zone :)

Mom, I'm glad that you're enjoying your activities this year! You've just got to get into the groove, and then it all gets easier and more enjoyable. 

I'm pumped for the transmission from Presidente Nelson today! We really do have prophets in these latter days! 

On top of Consejo, we also gave conferences in Comodoro and Trelew this week. Comodoro went really well. The trainings in Trelew were really great, but there are a lot of missionaries that we're a bit worried about up there, so the message was received with a bit less enthusiasm than in Comodoro. Igual, there were missionaries among them that took it well, and it's like the new habits that my mom has, once the missionaries get in the groove, they'll see that it's not anything too crazy, but that it's going to give us crazy success! 

So, I'm going to end with a story. Here in the mission, I started cutting my own hair with borrowed hair cutting machines. I would always cut the sides, on top, and try to hit the back, then ask my companion to finish the back off for me. Elder Farabee, Elder Richards, and Elder Popa all did a good job at cutting the back part, so, naturally, I thought that Elder Ekblad would do the same (it cant be that hard right?) So the other day, I'm cutting my hair, and I ask Elder Ekblad to come and finish off the back part. I was cutting for about 20 minutes, and had achieved a good look on the sides and top. It only took Elder Ekblad 5 seconds to shave a MASSIVE LINE IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD! Not going to lie, I was highly, highly displeased, but to my great surprise, I didn't yell at him. I didn't even say anything mean to him! I just looked at myself in the mirror, wallowed in horror for a couple seconds, and said "You should probably leave the bathroom now". 



So now, after taking my head to a highly over priced barbershop downtown, I officially have the shortest haircut that I've ever had! I felt bad too, because I had to go to Trelew looking like a trucho, and the worst part is that the cut looks really, really good. Like I think I'll cut my hair this way back home. Here in Argentina, we say "tiene la re facha, loco!", and that's what they told me. President wasn't too displeased, but he's going to kill me when we go to the next conference in Trelew, and all the missionaries have the hair cut like chorros! 

I hope you guys liked my story. The funniest stuff always happens to me... What luck I must have! To end my letter on a spiritual note, Id just like to say that I have a testimony of revelation. These past weeks have been full of it! I know that God helps us with our problems, especially when we go to Him for help. I also want to declare that I know that "charity never faileth"! Yesterday, in the meeting in Trelew, even though I didn't want to, and frankly was a bit scared to, I had to correct a bad behavior that several of the missionaries had demonstrated during the conference, and "el momento oportuno" was right there, in front of everyone. I took the microphone, and reprehended the whole Trelew zone. However, I tried to help them see that I wasn't correcting them out of hate, rather that I really do love them and want them to be the best missionaries they can be, and for that reason, I wasn't going to let them continue in the bad habit they showed without showing them the right path. The understanding and regret that I saw in those missionaries was sincere. I saw a desire to change in them. Jesus Christ is our perfect example, and the Book of Mormon is true. If we learn to apply the principles that the Savior taught, and to apply the divine wisdom that it found in the Book of Mormon, we will have success! I applied the charity this week, and although other occasions that I have had to correct haven't been as pleasant, the other day in Trelew was a beautiful experience. AGUANTE LA VERDAD! 

Family! I love you guys! We're getting really close! Not trunky doh... MOM, I LOVE YOU!

LOVE Y'ALL! - Elder Jimenez

Showing off the new, way too short for missionary 
but maybe would be fun to have after the mission, cut 







No comments:

Post a Comment