Monday, January 8, 2018

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 21...

Hey everybody :)

Alright, before starting this week, I promised Dad last week that I wouldn't forget to talk about what I did for New Year's Eve. The family that we originally planned to pass the new year with changed plans on us, and initially, on New Year's Eve, we didn't have anyone to pass the night with. However, when we got to the capilla, a menos activo named Jose had come to church. He's a 60 year old man that lives alone, and I had made a friendship with him while I was a Zone Leader. I started talking to him, and he told me that he didn't have anyone pass the night with either, and invited me, Elder Ekblad, and the two elders that live with us to pass the night with him. So that night, we went to his house. It was a really little place, and he only had 2 working lights in the house: the dining room and the bathroom. He had cooked in the dark! The majority of the walls of the house were just blankets nailed to the frame of the house. It was kind of sad, but Jose just has a great spirit! He had made a pig for dinner, and it was WAY good! I felt really happy that we got to pass the night with him, not only because we didn't end up alone, but especially because he didn't have to start the New Year alone, which was the best part. It was an awesome New Years! 

New Year's with Jose 

Anyways, this week was busy as always, but a good week overall. It was actually a really boring week, we pretty much just worked in the office and got out to work a bit each day. We have a lot of office work in this moment, because President Salerno had a mid-mission crisis, and this year he is gonna start busting rear ends to get people working, and is pretty much changing the mentality of his leadership. I think it's going to be really good for the mission, but now Consejo (that's going to be this Wednesday) is suuuuuuper packed with new stuff. So we've been working our tails off to get ready. Last night, when we finally defined what Elder Ekblad and I are going to talk about, we received some serious revelation. We were the last ones in the office, 10 at night, in President's office, with his whiteboard FULL of ideas and thoughts, and after putting ourselves to work things out for 3 hours, the plans came. The Spirit opened our minds, and we've got some new plans for the mission that I really think are going to change this place! I looked at the whiteboard after having done all that thinking with Elder Ekblad, and I said to him "Elder, in my 5 months in the office, I think this is by far that greatest thing we've ever thought of" SO I'M PUMPED! 

Yesterday, before the "high revelation" moment, we actually had made a road trip with President Salerno. He needed to go to Pico Truncado to apartar a new missionary that's going to Bolivia, and then we actually brought her to Comodoro, where she'll catch a flight to Lima on Tuesday. Hermana Salerno didn't come, because President's mom is currently visiting, and they can't leave her alone in the house, so when President picked us up, I said only three words to him: "Guys. Road trip." XD He always calls his truck the "oficina movil" (mobile office) but yesterday I told him that for the day it was going to be the "mancave movil" (mobile mancave) XD It was sick to pass some time with President, because hes sooooo busy that it's usually all business, and even though we talked about business that majority of the time, it was still fun to be just the three of us on the 3 hour trip to Pico. The only downside was that we had to wake up early! 

Overall, it was a pretty good week. This Wednesday is Consejo, and after Consejo, the madness starts again. Consejo, Reunion de Zona Comodoro, Reunion de Zona Trelew, Reunion de Zona Rio Gallegos, BUENOS AIRES PAPÁ! (this time only with President, o sea, GUYS NIGHT), Tierra del Fuego Zone Conf, Buenos Aires ronda 2 (we might get to go to the temple. I WOULD DIE OF HAPPINESS) and when we finally get home (meaning to Comodoro, not home to his mama!), traslados, sending the retornos home, welcoming the newbies, and it all starts over again. No rest for the weary! 

FAMILY! I love you guys so much! I've been extra grateful for you guys in my prayers this week. I'm so blessed to have a direct family like you guys, and add on top of that two awesome sides of the family, that are both super strong in the gospel, and that's all a spirit can ask for. I'm sure that when I opened my call to life in the premortal realms, everyone was wayyyy jealous! It's like I always say, I won the spiritual lottery! 

MOM! I'm so glad that work is going well for you, I love you so, so much. Can't believe I'm going to put this in my weekly mail, but not gonna lie, the thought that "I'm always going to be a mamma's boy" actually crossed my mind this week XD I LOVE YOU! 

Saludos a todos desde el fin del mundo (greetings to everyone from the end of the world!)
 
- Elder Jimenez


Some of the fotos from like 3 weeks ago from Punta Tombo that I can't believe I never sent to you guys. I've also got some pics of some really cute baby penguins, but those are for after the mish ;)





Teriyaki shrimp with zucchini noodles, yeah man, WE BE COOKIN' DOWN HEAH




No comments:

Post a Comment