Tuesday, November 28, 2017

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 15... Happy Birthday Old Man!

What a week! It sounds like you guys had an awesome week, and an awesome Thanksgiving. DAD. HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD MAN!!!! Espero que la pase re contra copado, sos la inspiracion de mi vida, y la verdad es que estoy re agradecido de que sos mi viejo! TE AMO! (Espero que te guste la jerga porteƱa ;) ) 

Alright, this week was busy! After P-Day in Trelew, on Tuesday, we did divisions in Rawson, which turned out well. The elders were improving the area a lot! 

The next day, we took a flight from Trelew to Ushuaia. That night, we did divisions with two elders named Elder Goltz and Elder Whitehead. Elder Goltz and I visited a recent convert family, and used one of the activities from chapter 9 of Predicad Mi Evangelio (Preach My Gospel) to ask for references, and FAH! It worked so well! The family was so happy that the elders wanted to work with them, and they gave us 6 references! It was a great success! 

That night, we ate fried chicken with Elder Popa's favorite family in Ushuaia, Familia Polanco. I was a bit worried though because the hermano is from La Republica Dominicana, and not gonna lie, there were times that I had a hard time understanding his accent. So when I get home, it might take a couple weeks to get used to the boriqua speak... But I'll for sure get accustomed quickly :) 

The next day, we had the training in Ushuaia which came out really well, then we took a combi to Rio Grande. The combi stopped at Panaderia La Union in Tolhuin, and that brought back a ton of good memories! I took a photo, but for some reason, it didn't register in my memory card... I think it's in my camara's internal memory... anyways, IT WAS AWESOME! After stuffing my face full of facturas, we continued on to Rio Grande. 


Zone Training in Rio Grande


On Friday, we had the training in Rio Grande, and it came out just as well as the others, so no complaints there. After the training, the Rio Grande district (3 areas) had dinner with a member named Mario. He's famous in the mission because each cena (dinner) is a challenge. He cooks A TON of food, and makes  A TON of jugo (juice), and the missionaries have to eat and drink everything. If they do it, they win, but if they can't eat and drink everything, Mario wins. Elder Popa said that during his 12 weeks in Rio Grande, he only won 4 times! However, the elders that are currently in the district are animals, and have been undefeated for 2 transfers (they're the most winning-est group of elders in the history of Mario) So after the training, we went to Mario's house, and took a seat at the table of battle. He whipped out the food: Fiambre Aleman (a giant stack of pancakes with ham, tomato, lettuce, and mayonnaise in between each pancake) It was soooooo hard to finish, because on top of the Fiambre Aleman, we had to drink 6 LITERS of jugo, and a bucket of fruit salad afterwards. However, after an hour long battle, and one elder puking in the bathroom, WE WON! We continued the streak, even though the elders said that that was the hardest dinner to win yet. I think Mario's determined to win before one of the elders who has never lost goes to another area XD 

Dinner at Mario's

On Saturday, we did another division, and I went with an elder named Elder Clavel. He was great! We talked with literally EVERYONE walking in the street, and it filled me with the pure joy of missionary work. I think I learned as much from the division as he did :) It was awesome! 

On Sunday, we attended the Rio Grande branch, and the best part was that several of the hermanos that I had met in Tolhuin came to church, like Familia Sielas and Hermano Ruiz. They were super pumped to see me, and I was happy to see them :) Now, today, we have a flight to Rio Gallegos at 3pm. Overall, it was a very busy, tiring, but productive and fun week :) 

FAMILY! I love you guys! I'm glad that I'll always have you guys as my family, even if were not together physically. 

MOM! I love you, and I'm so proud of the hard work you're putting in at school. Trust in the Lord for your support, and He will lighten your burdens! 

However, today, the most important is DAD! You really are a great, great man. Heavenly Father blessed me hugely by sending me to a father like you. Although you're not perfect, you're getting there, and the truth is, is that when I meet Heavenly Father, I'll notice that you, my earthly father, had a ton of the qualities that my Father in Heaven has. You're exemplary Dad! I LOVE YOU! 

Love you guys :) -Elder Jimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment