Monday, November 20, 2017

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 14... Zone Conferences

Hola familia :) 

Truth is I remember very little of this week. I've hit a certain point in the mission where everything just kind of blurs together... But I'll do my best to remember!

The first couple days of the week were full of preparations for consejo nada mas, and as y'all can see from the fotos, we made stir fry, which was really, really good! 



Thursday was consejo, which was as normal as always. I remember my first consejo, feeling like I didn't know anybody, and being the newbie. Now I'm the second most consejo-ed missionary in the mission! I've gone to like 10! Pretty nuts. It's fun to remember how I felt though, because it always makes me want to include the newbies as much as I can, so that they don't feel bad. 

The night after consejo, we had to stay up until 1:30 in the morning, because there were missionaries that needed to catch a colectivo at that hour. The best part was that after finally dropping them off, Elder Popa was feeling really bad, so, after having given him a Priesthood Blessing, we went to the hospital at 1:30! And believe it or not, the guardia was full! So we were there waiting for another hour and a half. When we finally got home, I managed to get to bed by 3:30 in the morning! It was the "earliest" that I think I've ever gone to bed! The best part is that I had to wake up at 8 to catch a colectivo to Puerto Madryn. I LOVE MY LIFE!

We were headed to Puerto Madryn because, this transfer, President is only going to be doing entrevistas, so he asked us to do a Mission Tour, and give a short conference in every zone. On the way to Madryn, I still had to finish my talk, and the truth is that I didn't want to do anything but sit there and look out the window, cause I was destroyed! However, I then thought about something that I had read in the New Testament last week. I read about how Jesus Christ, after healing the mother in law of Peter, was served by the mother in law, along with his disciples. I imagine that they were resting, eating, and having a good time after a hard day of work, when the Bible says that the common folk came to the house, and brought all of their sick and possessed. I imagined that Jesus Christ was probably tired, and comfortable there in the house, but even in those circumstances, he left the house, and began to heal the sick and afflicted. Jesus showed me that a good Priesthood holder is never off the clock. So I decided to finish my talk, and make a good use of my time. 

In Madryn, we stayed the night with some of the common elders. The next day, Saturday, they had a futbol activity planned. So that morning, we played futbol with investigators and members. It was re copado! My futbol skills, although still very weak, have improved. It would be cool if you guys could figure out if there's a men's soccer league in the valley, because I think it would be really fun to play when I get home! 

That night, we had the conference. My talk came out mas o menos, and I think it wasn't that great because I noticed that I had wrote it thinking that everyone was going to love it, and I didn't even pray before giving it. I had trusted in the arm of the flesh. Luckily, I learned my lesson! }

On Sunday, we assisted in Puerto Madryn. The Elders Quorum President is 20 years old! He had barely come home from his mission, but from  his class, I saw that he was doing a great job. After church, we went to Trelew, and we gave the next conference to the 2 zones. That time, I put my confidence in the Lord, and totally recognized that I couldn't do it well without Him. Under that guide, I made some slight changes to my talk, and it came out great! I think that each time I give it, with the Lords help, it will be better. 

So that was this week! Now I'm in Trelew, and passing a nice PDay :)

FAMILY! I'm happy that Kurt and Jenn are so strong in the gospel. God has given them a heavy cross to bear, but they bear it well. And the best part is that they have the help of He who bore the heaviest cross, Jesus Christ. In this thanksgiving season, I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of Jesus Christ. I long to know Him! He is our Perfect Example, our Savior and Redeemer. My goal in life is to know Him, and be like Him. 

Ah! One more thing! Last night we saw the Cara a Cara with Elder Oaks and Elder Ballard and it was awesome! The traductors were really bad, but still,it was awesome to see how the apostles interpret the gospel. I saw a more human side of the two of them, laughing, and confessing some of the faults they have. All in all, i loved it. If you guys didn't get the chance to see it, WATCH IT! It was great :)

MOM! I love you! But just get ready because next week, Dads going to trump you for a week, so don't let it break your heart XD I LOVE YOU GUYS! Happy Dia de Accion de Gracias! - Elder Jimenez

Some birthday treats that the Hermanas Capacitadoras made me. CAPAS! 






No comments:

Post a Comment