Sunday, November 12, 2017

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 12... ASADO!

Hey everybody! Thanks for all the birthday wishes :) I'm really glad to hear about all the good things that are happening in the family. It helps me to be tranquilo down here at the bottom of the world.

This last week was definitely interesting! On Wednesday, we went with President to Caleta Olivia for a special asado. The zone had achieved an outstanding number of baptisms in the past month, so we threw a special asado for them. It was great! We ate lots of meat, and played lots of futbol. Later that day, President returned to Comodoro, but we went to Pico Truncado to do divisions.

On Thursday, I woke up in the morning, and felt really bad. I went to the bathroom, and while I was seated on the throne, I started to tremble, sweat, and felt like I was going to pass out. So, after surviving that, I went stumbled back to bed, and waited for it to pass. But it didn't pass. Then, I had another grand opportunity to see the power of the priesthood. Just as I had 2 weeks ago, I asked for a blessing of health. After giving me the blessing, I prayed to Heavenly Father, and told Him that I had the faith to be healed, but also to continue sick. In less than 10 minutes, the nausea passed! It was a great sign to strengthen my faith.

I did continue sick though, and had to pass the day inside. I felt so bad in fact, that for the first time IN MY LIFE, I went to the doctor's office. After waiting an hour and a half in the ward, I was attended, and the doctor advised me that I had food poisoning. GREAT. That asado wasn't as rico as before... She gave me a prescription, and offered me a shot. Like a MAN, I accepted. So they took me to another room, whipped out a huge needle, and stuck it in me. Right in the butt (I thought Sofia would like that XD). After the shot, the nurse hurried out of the room, leaving me alone (thank you Argentina). All the blood went to my head, and I almost passed out, but after one of the most sincere prayers of my mission, I was able to stay standing.

The Lord did bless me though, because after sticking to the diet, and taking all the meds, the next day I was already feeling a solid 75%, and got out to work. The best part was that my companion in the division was Elder Tiffany, a friend of mine from the MTC :) After some great divisions, Saturday morning, we made it back to Comodoro in time for the traslados. Although we had to hustle, everything came out well.

On Sunday, we had lunch with some members named Familia Maimot. After eating the main dish, the hermana pulled a cake out of the fridge. She had remembered my birthday! So they sang to me, and we ate cake. I was very grateful :)

The highlight of the week though was definitely my reading of the Bible. I've read the Book of Mormon 4 times, and still I haven't received a sufficient confirmation of my testimony of the book, and it frustrates me. However, if one looks closely, in Moroni's Promise (Moroni 10:3-5) in verse 3, it talks about how one needs to meditate in how merciful the Lord has been with the sons of men from the days of Adam up until today. In Ether 1, Moroni comments that the story of the creation and Adam and Eve is not in the Book of Mormon "because it's among the Jews". So, if one has read the Book of Mormon, and still hasn't received their answer, then they should read the Bible, and compare it with the Book of Mormon, to be able to see how merciful the Lord really is. So that's what I'm doing! I have a goal to read the whole Bible before finishing the mission, and I already finished Genesis! I loved the story of José (tocayo mio eh!), and I can feel my testimony of the Book of Mormon growing as I see how it's similar, but clearer than the Bible, and how they talk of the same message. I know that Jesus Christ really does love us, and He has been working for mankind from the beginning to today. He loves us, and through him, like the Patriarchs of old, we can be "reunited with our people" in eternal families after this life.

FAMILY: I love you guys! I'm so glad that we're going to be able to be together forever, especially because you guys are esteemed company, and good company. Los Jimenez son los capos papá! 

SOFIA: Bien ahi con el Sterling Scholar, eh! 

MOM: Dad told me that you're doing really well at school. CAPA! Love you :) 

LOVE YOU GUYS! Nos vemos en 6 ;) - Elder Jimenez


Here are a bunch of pictures from the old missionaries leaving and the new ones arriving in November.








No comments:

Post a Comment