Sunday, October 29, 2017

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 10... Priesthood Power

FAMILY! It was good to hear from you guys! Sounds like everything is going well on the homefront. Down here at the end of the world we're doing pretty good as well! 

This week was very, very busy. Presidente went to Bariloche for a Mission President's Seminar, and we thought that we would take the week to proselyte tranqy. Nope. Wednesday morning, one of the Zone leaders in Trelew called me, and told me that one of his companionships was having problems, and requested that we do divisions with them when we got up there for conference. However, seeing the seriousness of the situation, we decided that it was time for a ROAD TRIP! So we packed up the Ranger, and drove up to Trelew.

Upon arrival, we met with a bishop and talked about the work in his ward. Then, in the last hour of the day, I did a division with Elder Sosa (one of the zone leaders) and we were able to visit a menos activo family. It was really cool because I know the son, and we gave a very powerful lesson, that actually seemed like it helped. Afterwards, I flew by Enzo Rapiman's house to see how he was doing, and to my relief, he stopped dinkin' around and is once again focused on getting out on a mission. CAPO!

On Thursday, we did surprise visits in the morning, then had lunch with Los Millan. They didn't know that we were coming with the LZs (they had asked for 4 seats, but hadn't said for who) and when they saw me through the window, they all started shouting for joy. It made me feel good! :) After lunch, we had a special meeting with the problem companionship that came out really well. Elder Popa and I are getting really used to training together. That night, we stayed with the Lideres de Zona from Trelew Norte. One of 'ems from Bingham. His name is Carson Eckblad, and he's doing a great job in that zone.

The next morning, we did another surprise visit, then afterwards, had another division, this time in Parque, the most dangerous area of the mission! It was tranqy though, and I had a great time. 

Later that night, we took an emergency trip to Rawson, because a missionary needed to go to the hospital. Thanks to the trip, we got behind schedule... President was going to be getting home on Saturday, and we wanted to be in Comodoro, but we still had one last job. We closed one of the areas in Trelew, and our pension coordinator wanted us to grab some stuff from the pension and bring it to Comodoro. So we grabbed the LZs from Norte, they showed us the house, we loaded up the truck, took the LZs home, grabbed some empanadas, and hit the route. We didn't make it out of Trelew until 11. HERMANA SALERNO WOULD HAVE KILLED US! If she knew haha! Bad news was that I had caught some rain during the division, and started deteriorating slowly on the ride home. For only the second time on my mission, I got to see a Patagonia lightning storm, which are super weak, and super rare, but hey, cool. We got home at 1:30am.




Saturday was nuts, I don't even remember what I did, but I only remember that I woke up sick, and got worse during the day. Sunday I was also sick. After church, we figured out transfers (because we're booked for the rest of the transfer), and as we did them, I deteriorated to the point that President started considering leaving me home for the trip to Tierra del Fuego, but I wouldn't have it. I can't stay down on tranqy days, nobody's going to keep me out of the action on the important days. Today (Monday) we had a conference, and tomorrow, we're taking a flight to Buenos Aires. Although I didn't want to believe it, the truth was that if I continued going like I was going, I was not going to be able to fly. I was showing all the symptoms of the flu. However, before going home, I asked for a priesthood blessing. Elder Popa did the anointing, and President Salerno gave the blessing. As they spoke, a strong feeling came to me, reminding me that the effectiveness of the blessing does not rest in the power of the priesthood holders, rather in the faith of the receiver. So, last night, in my prayer, I expressed to Heavenly Father my faith in His son Jesus Christ. I told Him that I had faith to be healed, and also, as was mentioned in General Conference, I had faith to not be healed as well. God answered my prayer! This morning, I woke up strong and ready to get to work! How grateful I am for the Holy Priesthood! It really does exist, and Jesus Christ really does live!

Today, we gave a great conference. In each of the conferences, President has asked me to make videos of the missionaries doing their training. I definitely think that the Lord gave me a talent there, and I'm glad I can use it to encourage the missionaries.

All in all, it was a jam packed week! I hope I didn't overwhelm you guys with all the information. 

FAMILY! I love you guys! You're all very special people for me, and you're all role models of mine, all in different ways :) 

ABUELA! Get well soon! You are in my prayers! 

MOM! I love you! 

LOVE Y'ALL! 


- Elder Jimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment