Monday, October 9, 2017

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 8... Going the Extra Mile

Well, this week went by fast! All the weeks go by fast now, I'm gonna be home in no time (not trunky though) Sounds like you guys had a good week, I'm a bit envious of Sofia's camping trip to Escalante with Nikki and Kevin. I hope you guys keep doing cool stuff like that when I get home! 

This week was full of different activities. The idea for the obstacle course was from Hna Salerno. I think that she's literally the most creative person I've ever met! She asked us to make a video, so in 12 hours I whipped together a 8 minute video that everyone loved! One of the LZ told me that I should be a vlogger after the mission, but I'm not sure if that's up my alley haha! I'm trying to send you guys the video, but the internet in Comodoro is some of the slowest internet in the world, so we'll just have to see if it loads. 

Consejo (Hna and Zone Leader Training) was on Thursday, and it went well. The good news is that it went so well that President decided that hes going to do mas o menos the same thing in the conferences, and that means ROPA DE P DAY! So yeah, I'm going to be wearing a lot of P-Day clothes this transfer :D 


Back Row, 5th from right

One of Alex's previous companions described this Leadership Training as kind of like a Jedi Counsel... sounds like Alex must have been involved in the planning.


Friday night, President sent a text message to the office saying that we could take an extra P-Day on Saturday for all the craziness of Consejo. Later that night, I told Elder Popa "If you're dying for a P-Day, we can take it, but man, I already feel like I took a P-Day on Monday, so if you want, I'm down to work in the area tomorrow" He told me he'd sleep on it. Saturday morning, as I was doing exercises, he said "Jimenazo, let's work today" AWESOME! And it payed off! We taught two lessons, and had a really sweet experience. 

We were contacting, and rounded a corner, and on the other side there were two ladies sitting on the outside window pane. I asked how they were doing, and then noticed that one was crying pretty uncontrollably. The other lady said "It's a bit complicated" We were afraid that the lady that was crying was going to freak out, so we decided to go on our way. We got to the next door, and knocked, and I looked over at the girl. She was curled up, crying her eyes out, and it got to my heart. "We've got to go back," I said to Elder Popa. "Nah man, she's probably crying because the boyfriend broke up with her, and if we talk to her, she'll just get mad" The thought crossed my mind. The girl had a phone in her hand, and it looked like she had received bad news or something, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to contact her. "Nah" I said "We've got to talk to her, I can't see her this way." So we reluctantly walked over, and I said "Hey, I saw you crying form over there, and I could just watch, is there anything we can do for you?" She cried for a while, but when she got a hold of herself, she told us that she has a 10 year old son. The kid has light colored hair, and for that reason, every time he goes outside, the kids from the neighborhood beat him up. He had come home crying, and she was really sad about it. I asked her what his name was and what he likes to do, and she said his name was Tomas and he likes to play futbol. I told her that we play futbol on Monday, and she said that she wants to bring him. She ended up telling us that missionaries had passed by her house before, and that she got along well with them, and that Tomas used to say that he wanted to be a missionary when he grows up. So we decided that we're going to be Tomas's new friends. She calmed down a ton, and as we walked away, we saw that she got up, and went back into her house. Later that night, she sent me a text (I left her my number) and said "Thank you guys so much for stopping today. I'm going to bring Tomas on Monday" We felt so good! It was probably one of the sweetest experiences that I've had in my mission, because many times we see the progress in peoples lives as the time passes, but this time, we got to see how through our actions, we were able to comfort someone, stop the crying, and make the day a lot better. It made me feel like a true representative of Jesus Christ, because I feel like that's what he would have done. Tomas should be coming today, so we'll see how that goes, but overall, I'm excited! 

The pics I sent are from a pueblito called Sarmiento. We're taking the elders out of there, and we had to empty the pension, so we went over there yesterday.

"Danger of Death, Aqueduct Inlet, Bathing Prohibited!"



All in all, it was a very good week! I never have time to do anything, but at least I'm busy :) 

FAMILY: I'm glad that you guys are safe and happy :) 

MOM! Love you! -Elder Jimenez


Only 8 hours later... here's the video --> It is AWESOME! but it's too big to upload here. I'm working on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment