Monday, October 2, 2017

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 7... Answers from General Conference

Alright, I just want everyone to know that I think my dad is a legend! Dad, you really are the biggest role model in my life! Bien ahi con el Bear 100, te dijiste que ibas a terminar, y terminaste! CAPO! (Good job on the Bear 100, I said that you would finish, and you did! BOSS!)

Soooooo, Mom, I'm not sure if you're going to love this email... I could talk about all the things that happened this week, but I think I'll just talk about one, because it's the most important. I was walking to the hotel this week with one of the Secretarios named Elder Christiansen, and he mentioned a topic that peaked my interest. It was a certain thing that missionaries can do, but that had not happened in the mission for years, because there were always difficulties. But all the same, it peaked my interest. 

So, the next day, I found a moment to talk to Presidente. I wanted to know if it was a possibility for me. Inside myself, I was just waiting for him to say "Nope, just like the rest, you can't" But his answer was distincto (different). "Wow, Elder Jimenez" he said "we have a miracle here. If you want to, you can". That wasn't exactly the easy answer. He continued, "I'd love if you did it, but you think about it, and let me know." The honest truth is that I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it. But I decided to carry the question into General Conference. 

As I listened to conference, speaker after speaker talked about service. Hermana Oscarson's talk was especially powerful, when she talked about giving selfless service. Elder Pingree Jr's talk also really got to me. After listening to the conference, and after much prayer, I knew what I had to do. So after the conference, last night, I went to Presidente's house, and we went to his quincho (study). He looked at me, and said "I'd love to have you. What do you think?" It was a big decision, but the Spirit had already told me what I needed to do. "I'm going to extend" I said to him. So that's the news Mom. Don't kill me, it was a hard decision to make, but I feel it's my duty. 

I really want to see you guys, like badly, but you'll all still be there on April 25th, just like you would have been there on the 14th of March. When the mission ends, it's over, so I have to cherish every moment. Ademas, I'm not gonna miss Sofia's graduation or Mother's day. I'll just miss a month and a half of time to make money, which is a small sacrifice, if that, to make. The Lord needs dedicated missionaries, and Presidente also expressed that he wants to have me here. The craziest thing is that he told me that he wants me to finish the mission with him. That means that I'll be assistant until the end, about 9 months, and add on top of that the transfer that I was in the zone as a zone leader. By the end of the mission I will have been in Comodoro Norte for the last 10 of the 25 months of my mission! 

The truth is that just writing this is kind of making me trunky... Presidente told me that I could call home to tell you guys, but I think that I would have been super trunky to hear your voices, so mejor no (so it's better I don't call). It's not that I don't miss you guys, 'cause I really, really do. I miss the mountains of Utah and the Field Crescent ward. But what I'm doing down here is important, and if Jesus Christ can suffer, bleed, and die for me, I can at least go one extra mile for Him. I'll never, ever come close to paying pack the sacrifice that he made for me, but I'll get as close as I can, even if I'll still end endlessly far away. Extending the mission is also going to teach me patience. And it's not even going to be that bad, I already know that I'm gonna miss this place when I go, so I might as well enjoy it while I have it! I hope you guys aren't too crushed... Just know that I'm gonna make it home the same, it'll just be a little bit later. Maybe you guys can learn some patience too :) I think seeing you guys will be all the sweeter as well, so let's buckle down, and do the best we can, on the homefront and out here in the field, to work hard and be as righteous as we can! 

MOM! I love you :) I hope you're not too sad about the extension, va a pasar volando (it's going to fly by)! I'm going to keep you in my prayers. 

KEVIN! Nice work helping my dad, you're a chupamedias, but at least you're good at it XD 

FAMILY! I love you guys! Find someone to serve, and do it! You guys are the best family that a missionary could ask for. 

I LOVE YOU! - Elder Jimenez

So the one benefit of Alex being in the office is that I get to see pictures much more often. The office uploads pictures to the Mission Facebook page pretty frequently. So, here are a few from last week...





No comments:

Post a Comment