Monday, January 9, 2017

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 17... Dry Week

This week was dry. Really dry. I'll get right into it... except there's not much to get into... We're really struggling to find people to teach in this area. 

President Salerno has challenged us in the mission to reach 21 lessons WITH INVESTIGATORS every week. That means that lessons with conversos recientes and menos activos (recent converts and less actives) don't count towards that number. With that in mind, we had 6 lessons this week. 6! Not gonna lie, I'm feeling a bit confused. It's not that I don't have faith, but tripling our lessons isn't some easy thing to do, especially because of the 3 people we met last week, maybe one of them is holding on, and she's not even really progressing. 

Allen and I are really trying to use Alma 17:3 - 
But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God.
We've been fasting a ton, and praying, and working, and being obedient, and things still just won't go! If I learned anything from Tolhuin though, it's that adversity can be conquered. I really am struggling to improve as a missionary, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a way. We'll just see what I can do... I probably do need more faith. 

I don't even really have anything to report form this week cause nothing good happened on our side of things. The hermanas baptized an investigator that started investigating in 2001, so that was cool. I got to do the entrevista bautismal (baptismal interview), which was stressful, but turned out well. 

All there is to do now is just keep hoping, and keep trying as hard as I can. I'm really happy that everything is tranqy on the home side, I hope you guys have an awesome week. 

Pray for me! 

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Especially you Mom! - Elder Jimenez

To Jose:
I love that you talked about making specific commitments because that's one thing that I really struggle with, so I noted it down in my agenda. I'm gonna study it this week to become better! Elder Renlund should be really cool! 

My Pats are gonna take it all as usual, and BYU is as mediocre as usual. People in the ciber are stupid as always, so that's frustrating, but it's okay lol! 

That's pretty much it Dad, I could really use some divisions with you, but we'll just have to wait. 

Love you! - Elder Jimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment