Monday, January 16, 2017

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 18... Good week in the Windy City!

We had a good week! Sounds like you guys did too :) 

I had no idea that Sofia was doing shotput, so that's cool, even though according to her goals, she should be doing long distance (which is where all the cool people go anyways). I'm way pumped that Nikki was so successful this week, I was praying for her! 

This week was pretty good for us as well. Being the last week in the traslado (transfer), we put goals to teach more lessons with investigators than we had in the rest of the traslado (transfer). Counting only lessons with investigators, we had previously taught 9 in one week as a transfer record. So we set a goal of 11. We went working, trying, and the Lord provided. Through some very interesting finding situations as well as some inspired searching through older investigators, we taught a total of 10 lessons with investigators! It was interesting to see how putting a goal of 11 pushed us enough to get 10, and beat our previous best week of 9. 

The most interesting part of teaching that we had this week began in an ice cream shop. We decided to take a break, and I decided to buy some ice cream for Elder Allen. So the guy is serving us, and I start talking to him about the gospel. We were alone in the shop, and we ended up chatting about the gospel for 40 minutes with the guy, and setting a cita (an appointment) for later in the week. After teaching once in his house, we began teaching every day in his ice cream shop, and ended up teaching him like 4 times this week! His name is Carlos, and he came to church with us on Sunday. The sad thing is that he lives in the hermanas area, so in this week that comes were going to pass him to them. 

We have faith that the Lord will bless us with another good investigator in our area for playing by the rules. We also ended up teaching some of our dead investigators, like Orlando and Mirian, and Orlando came to church as well. So we had a successful week to finish the transfer! 

We were greatly surprised on Jueves (Thursday) when the Zone Leaders announced that they received traslados a day early. So we sit down to listen. Every. Single. Companionship. in the zone had a change. EXCEPT FOR US. That's right, Elder Jimenez is putting in 5.5 months in Rio Gallegos. Not gonna lie, I was ready to go, but if the Lord wants me here, then he wants me here. So I'll be trying to make things go for 6 more weeks in the windy city. 

Other interesting things that happened: I ate mondongo for the first time. It was actually really good! I'm scared though because I feel like I'm slowly becoming my father, a lot more attractive of course, but still... Luckily he's a good man ;) 

Anyways, I know that there's more to say, but I honestly don't remember much. I think I've written enough for one day. 

Big thank you to all who are praying for me, those prayers really are heard. 

OH! The last thing I wanted to share was Gordon B. Hinckley. I read his bio in the front of the new priesthood manual, and it really inspired me a lot. His mission seems so similar to mine. READ IT DAD! It's cool :) 

Ahora si, Fam, I love y'all! Time is flying, and it'll be no time until I'm roundin' that corner in SLC, so let's buckle down, and do some great work for a year and a half more! 

LOVE YALL! Love you Mom :) - Elder Jimenez


No comments:

Post a Comment