Monday, January 30, 2017

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 20... I'm pretty much on VACATION!!!

Crazy, crazy, crazy week. CRAZY WEEK! Let's get to it :D 

We continued to teach Carlos all week. He did a fast with us on Sunday, and thanks to his last asistencia (attendance at church) he's officially baptize-able, so were gonna be working on that! We ate lunch with him yesterday, and while we were eating, two gringos walked in. Carlos uses this app called Couch Surfer to host travelers in his house free of charge, and the gringos were from Boston, travelling through South America, and had just happened to arrive at Carlos's house as we were eating. Elder Allen felt like a boss cause he talked more Spanish than one of them. I asked the more gringo one out of the two if to him, it actually seemed like I was speaking good Spanish, and he was like "yeah bro, it's just really weird to hear a white guy speaking like an Argentine (using the shuh)" So Dad's gonna love that when I get home!!! ;) It was fun; that's the first time since the collectivo between Rio Grande and Tolhuin that I've talked to gringos!

Wednesday was an EARTH. SHATTERING. DAY! We had a worldwide missionary transmission with the church's missionary executive council (3 apostles and friends) and the training was really cool and all, and then they were like "Missionaries in Africa are going to start waking up at 6.... and missionaries in Latino America are going to be WAKING UP AT 7:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the most pure moment of joy that I've had since my first baptism!!! Then they also said "We're cutting the majority of studies out of Pday to give the missionaries more time to do what they need to do" AKA TWO HOURS MAS DE PDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Anderson said "I felt the wave of joy that rang out all over the world thanks to the changes to PDay" So, now I'm pretty much on vacation! :D The way the new schedule works is that we wake up at 7:30am and return to the pensh at 11pm. We also get to choose when we do comp study and idioma (language), so that gives us a ton more flexibility. Oh, the other earth shattering change was that we plan in the morning now, instead of at night, which is a bazillion times better. I had time to do the numbers and make arroz con leche (rice with milk) last night! So life is way good as a missionary right now :) 

After the transmission, we ended up finding some sweet new investigators. Remember the pic of me that y'all put on the Christmas card (great choice by the way, I look facherisimo in that pic ;) )? One of those kids, named Chris, had always told me to pass by his house, and we finally did last week, and turns out his parents are awesome! So pray for them please! 



On Thursday, Allen went to Comodoro to do tramites (visa stuff), so I was with the ZLs, which was pretty fun. We went to one of their investigators houses, and it was the second lesson with her. She had a lesson 1 pamphlet on the table, so I thought they had given it to her the time before. However, Elder Skaggs picked it up, and was like "Where did you get this?" They hadn't left it there... So I picked it up, looked at the back, and in my handwriting it had my number and the direction of our capilla (address of our chapel). I had planted the folleto like months before! She must have been walking around in centro or something, it was way funny though, cause we put a fecha (baptismal date) down on her, and after the lesson, Skaggs was like "Bro, you get to even our fechas before we do" Not gonna lie, I felt like a capo haha! 

Yesterday, at church, everything was going well until this drunk, high beggar walked in to ask for money. So he ends up sitting himself down in our class (we had the combined class this week) and starts making a ton of rude comments. So one of the hermanos from the district turns around to me, and was like "He's an investigator, so you need to take care of him." So I'm about to start chewing this member out, when I just decide to keep the peace and go sit with this dude. So I'm doing alright controlling him, when he gets up, and moves seats so he can start checking out the sister missionaries. So I walk over to him, and I'm like "You're either going to return to the back and sit with me, or you're going to leave." So then the guy was like "Are you giving me orders Shankee?" and I just look the guy right in his face and I was like "Yeah, I am, now choose." I went back to my seat, and the guy got up, comes over to me and says "I didn't mean to fault respect" and walks out. I was fuming for another 10 minutes, but I was glad that the storm passed so easily. After that, the day went off without a hitch. 

We didn't hit our teaching goal this week, but after a week where we lost almost 2 whole days, we did a great job! Now we've just got to continue! 

I hope you guys are doing good up there in the north, even with all the snow! 

I love you guys! ESPECIALLY YOU MOM!!! - Elder Mama's Boy (Jimenez)

No comments:

Post a Comment