Monday, January 23, 2017

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 19... Goals

Alright, what happened this week? I guess we'll just have to find out... 

Monday was good. After P-Day, we took Eduardo to the house of Carlos to teach our last lesson with him. However, when we told him about the rules, and how we were going to let the hermanas teach him, HE WOULD. NOT. HAVE IT. The guy was dead set on having us teach him. I tried to explain to him that it really wasn't right, but he wouldn't have it. He wants to hear the gospel from us. Technically, we do the grand majority of teaching in our area, in his ice cream shop, so I told him that there's a chance that we may be able to teach him. So that I night, I called the APs, and they suggested that we continue to teach. I discussed it with the Hermanas, and they didn't have any problems. So now Carlos is our investigator! Teaching him is soooo cool because he's progressing really well (he came to church again this week), and every time we teach, he gives us free ice cream! It's the sweetest deal ever! It's like Heavenly Father is just telling us that he loves us :) During church, Carlos even leaned over to me and said "I watched the Joseph Smith movie". The guy had looked up the Restoration, and watched the hour version of it, and loved it! He still doesn't want to accept the fecha (baptismal date), but it will come with time >:) Anyways, that was sweet. 

Other happenings: We had dinner with members twice this week, once with Los Baier and once with Los Vargas and Los Rivera juntos. It's so cool to see how much more the members love us right now in comparison to before. They're supporting us soooo much right now! Some of the lunches we had this week were super good too. For example, the Vargas also made us lunch one day (the day before they gave us dinner, GENIOS) and the hermano totally made an asado! He told me "Hermano, te dijo que iba a hacerte un asado antes de que vayas. AQUI ESTA!" (Elder, I told you that I was going to make you an asado before you go... HERE IT IS!) It was incredible. Cordero Patagonico (Patagonian Lamb) is incredible. They also had the Real Madrid partido on in the background. Not trying to sound like a trucho, but Sergio Ramos is a capo. That's all ;) 


Familia Vargas a la izquierda (left) y Familia Rivera a la derecha (right)


Hno. Vargas' Asado!!!

This week we also started teaching Jose and Anderson again after a break. The cool thing is that Anderson came to church, AND he brought Rosanna, his pareja! It was really cool, so we're gonna try to help those guys progress again. 

The coolest part to cap off the whole week though was how we achieved our goals. As I have been explaining, we have a goal to reach 21 lessons per week, and it's almost impossible. Last week, we set our companionship record by setting a goal of 11, that led us to break the record of 9, and teach 10 lessons. This week, we set a goal of 12, to be able to break the record again. So we worked our butts off all week (95 contacts) and we ended up teaching 14 LESSONS! We smashed our previous goal! If we can improve by just 2 lessons more per week, well be teaching 21 by the end of the transfer! So yeah, things are happenin' here in Gallegos. 

FAMILY! I love you guys! Thanks so much for supporting me! Stay strong in the gospel. MOM: I LOVE YOU! 

And to end this letter... DAD:... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS PAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS! Tom Brady's already the GOAT old man! 

Love yah ;) - Elder Jimenez (I was really thinking of putting "Belichick" there just to cap off your part Dad) XD

I asked for a bit more info on Carlos, the district, and Elder Allen...
Carlos is single, and he told us that his family lives in Misiones, but they're very religiously liberal. If he wanted to get baptized, they wouldn't get mad or bothered at all. The district is good, the new hermana is chill so that's good, and Allen is doing well.

I'm really learning out here the importance of goals. Although sometimes we set goals that scare us, and that we feel like we may not be able to achieve, we can achieve great things! Ive got to go. I love you!!


Mi querido distrito (lagrima silenciosa para mi amiga Hna Gervasoni)  
(My beloved district (silent tear for my friend Hna Gervasoni))

And to Jose...
GOOOOOO PATS!!!!!

Now that we've got that our of the way, I like the reflections that you made this week. I too had a great chance to see just how blessed we are while I was in Tolhuin, and even here in Gallegos, which is one of the richest cities in all Argentina, the US still puts it to shame. We are truly blessed to live where we do. The members are way sweet here, there's some of them that I'll never forget, but there are others that I'll need to document well, or they might slip through the cracks. I hope you like what you hear in the weekly letter. 

I LOVE YOU DAD! JOIN THE PATS BANDWAGON ALREADY, AND WE CAN RULE THE FANDOM, FATHER AND SON (that started off as a strong invitation and then transformed into a star wars themed command. Join the 'murica side of the NFL, and your transformation into a superfan will be complete!) Luv u - Elder Brady

Jose's response... Never. I'll never join the dark side. Soon the Emperor Palbelicick will be brought down when Luke Ryan makes Darth Brady look like a pansy at the Super Bowl!



 En frente del museo de los pioneros (laaaaaaaaame)
 (In front of the Pioneer Museum)

Yo con Moralitos, mi ex lider de zona
 (Moralitos and I, my ex-Zone Leader)

I mentioned to Alex that it must be getting warmer because he's in short sleeves... He replied Winter never ends here haha! There's just some random days where we can bring the guns out ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment