Monday, November 21, 2016

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 10... Two weeks to fill the tank!

Here it be. The biggie. This is gonna blow your minds, crazy, stressful week, but I'm alive, so let's get into it. 

Monday was nuts, because there wasn't money, so I had to blow some home cash, which was sad, but ya fue. The day ended pretty great because we got to give a blessing of salud (health) to a family of recent converts that haven't been coming. They came to church yesterday, so it looks like the blessing must have worked. 

Tuesday was pretty tranqy. We found a new investigator named Melisa in the morning, which never happens here. She accepted a fecha bautismal which was really, really great, so we were excited! Me and Aguilar actually worked pretty well, all the way up until the end of the day, when it kind of died off for him, but at least he worked for half a day, it's better than nothing. 

Wednesday was when things got really crazy. We had a choir practice in the morning, then a vianda (meal) with the hermanas (sister missionaries) after that. We decided to eat the vianda juntos in the capilla (meal together in the church), so we went to the house, picked it up, and we were walking to the capilla, when Aguilar gets a call from president. President told him to pack his bags because he was going to be on a colectivo to Comodoro that night. So we didn't do anything the rest of that day, because he was packing, then we sent him off, and I had to stay with some of the other elders. I called president that night to talk to him, and try to help Aguilar out. President told me that Aguilar would not be returning to Gallegos, and that I would be receiving a new comp. 

I spent 3 days with the Elders from Gaucho, Gonzalez and Ross, and it was actually really good for me. They are both pretty obedient, and I was just tagging along, so I didn't have too much responsibility. 

Yesterday (Sunday) my new comp arrived. His name is Elder Cole, from San Jose, California, and he has 5 months in the mish. HE'S A BOSS!!! 



Yesterday, and today during the studies, he just followed my example, and it was great!! Last night, for example, we arrived at the pension at 8:53. With all my other comps, I wouldn't have said anything, cause they just would have thrown themselves on the bed, and done nothing, but I decided to try out my new comp. So I told him "Hey man, let's go do some contacts en la calle (on our street) until 9:00 to be obedient." AND WE DID IT! As we were walking back, he told me "I wanted to tell you that we should just stay in the pensh, but I knew deep down that this is what we should have done." A COMP WITH A MORAL COMPASS!!!! Due to the fact that we don't have Thanksgiving down here, IT WAS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! By the way, totally forgot about Thanksgiving lol! 

Eduardo received the priesthood this week, and Eduardito's baptism is going to be on Saturday!!! I'm so happy for those guys :D

Anyways, I'm super pumped, because although I'm only gonna have Elder Cole as my comp for 2 weeks, they're gonna be 2 weeks of butt-kicking glory. I know that the Lord has more trials and tests in store for me in the future, but it's almost like he decided to give me a two week break to fill the tank, so that I can get back up to speed, and start enjoying the mish again. So right now, I'm very happy. Our pool of investigators is progressing slowly, and I think these next two weeks are gonna get em popping. So let's see how it goes!!! 

FAMILY! Thank you so much for your support. I really do love you guys, and think about y'all all the time. MOM. You're my number 1!!!! 

LOVE YOU! - Elder Jimenez




Some dope kids we met in the street that all wanted to talk about Trump. 
I also tried to send the video of me opening my birthday gift, but it wouldn't load, so this is all for today :)




No comments:

Post a Comment