Monday, November 7, 2016

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 8... Happiest week in the mish

I thought I should put this first...


Alright, THE BIGGIE! So we're just gonna start off with what you're all questioning... WE WERE WETTER THAN STEPH CURRY THIS WEEK! First baptism of the mish, Eduardo Antonio Baier, and he's a capo! He told me that he already started prepping names for the temple, and he'll be receiving el Sacerdocio (the Priesthood) this next Sunday, then he is going to baptize 2 of his kids on the 19th! So pumped. It's been such a long struggle, but we finally did it! 

Luisa and Eduardo's kids are named Joaquin, Eduarduito, and Malena, 12, 8, and 6 respectively. Joaquin is boss, he wants to serve a mission, Eduardito is the most innocent person I've ever met, and Malena is just awesome. Plus the whole family are big Star Wars nerds, so I'm pretty sure I'll be watching episode 32 in the celestial kingdom with those guys :)

Alright, other things... I had to bail out the font after the baptism because the drain doesn't work, so that was nuts. The even crazier thing was that one of the other gringos helping dated Kess about a month before we hooked up, so one could say he was the assist on my put back shot lol! Elder Petersen from South Jordan :) 

As far as the rest of the week goes, it was a struggle. Comp has no ganas para nada (no desire to do anything), but I'll find a way. Every trial I get helps me learn and improve, so we'll just keep going. 

My Colombian brothers, Jose y Anderson, both came to the baptism and loved it! Jose also came to church yesterday. We passed by his house later that night, and he and Anderson both said that they would like to be baptized in the future. Didn't want to accept a fecha (baptismal date), but we have the goal. Anderson told me "I want the Hermano Jimenez to baptize me". It was sick haha! Jose also told me "I think everyone in the group looks to you as the leader. When you speak, they all listen and think ´Alright the leader just got up.´" I was thinking in my head "You have no idea, but I'm flattered." It's good to have nice things said about you sometimes, and although I don't want to let it get to my head, it's also important to accept compliments graciously right?? Haha! 

Anyways, I didn't journal this week, because I officially ran out of space in the journal, but I made an exception for the baptism, and wrote it on a separate sheet, don't worry Mom lol! And I did not get the other packages either. None of the gringos are, so for now, you might want to stop sending :(

So yeah, the struggle is too real out here, but I'm just choosing to focus on the good stuff :) The bad stuff will work itself out. So proud of my family, especially my Mom, and my sister Sofia, cause you're slaying life right now, AND I'M NOT EVEN A CUBS FAN, BUT M PROUD OF DEM CUBS!!!! Break out the bomb shelters everybody, because if Trump wins, it is not statistically possible that the second coming doesn't happen! 

Love you guys, LOVE YOU MOM!!! - Elder Jimenez/Curry






To Jose:
What a sick email!!! 

Today (Alex's 19th Birthday), like you, I noticed how much I really have changed this year of my life. It's weird, because Elder Aguilar is the prototype of a teenager, and we are legit so different. I think that to see how much I really have changed, I had to see a type of what I was before. And wow, I never want to go back lol. 

THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES! You said that they came back from 3-1, and I was like, Did Lebron start playing baseball???? So sick though. 

As far as your other comments, I'm starting to see that the Lord has a purpose to each trial. I have learned from each of my companions - Elder Wilhelm: How to lead and work hard. Elder Hernandez: How to be patient. Elder Bobadilla: How stay positive and rely on the Lord. And now Elder Aguilar: How to love and adjust to others needs ;)  

The baptism was legit, and it's looking like we've got 3-4 more coming, so keep the prayers coming. 

Dad, I love you and admire you, it makes me laugh thinking of you trying to jam the light clips under the roof tiles all alone XD. You are the model of what I want to be in life. In fact, you'll be weirdly surprised to know that apple pie has become my favorite dessert down here, so I think I might be taking this model of my life thing a bit to far haha! That's what Ill be eating today though :) 

LOVE YOU DAD! - Elder Son

No comments:

Post a Comment