Monday, November 14, 2016

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 9...

Ooooooookay, the biggie. Let's get this in. This week was a grinder. Again... no rest for the weary I guess haha! 



The baptism last week was sick, but it was like a bonfire of hope that was thrown under the waterfall of bad things that are happening in my mission right now. I'm still psyched about it, still love Eduardo to death, but the burst of energy from the baptism lasted until the next day no mas (nothing more). Honestly, I recognized that I am part of my own problems. The things suck. Ya esta (that's it). If I choose to focus on it, and think negatively, it just makes it worse for me, but if I just say, ya fue, ya esta, and seguir adelante... the things will salir bien (that's it, that's how it is, keep moving forward... things will turn out OK). I noticed that late in the week though lol! So the start of the week was the normal, dragging my 3 year old around, who was crying the whole time. Eternal blessings to my parents who aguantared (put up with me) me when I was a niño (little boy), because sadly, I'm actually getting a taste of that experience right now. 

Things got interesting on Wednesday though. We got a call from Pres. He bajared the caña (scolded) on my comp for some macana (mischief) that he did in Comodoro, and essentially told me that Aguilar had to be perfect this week, or action will be taken. I essentially told him, "Dude, I'm here to work and not to babysit. You heard what Pres said, so you can choose if you want to change, or just keep being trucho (lazy). I'm not gonna wake you up in the morning. If you don't want problems, wake up, if you want problems, don't wake up, it's your problem." He lasted a day, and then just kept doing what he was doing before. The crazy thing is that he finds everyone in the universe to blame, including me, before ever believing that the problem could be him. It's whatever though, really it's his mission, if he wants to waste it and drag other people down when he's around them, it's his choice. As for me, I just need to keep standing tall, working hard, and being obedient. 

I won't lie, my obedience has taken a hit. I'm still obedient, I wake up on time, but I don't have the zeal I used to. It's way hard. But if I've learned anything in the mission, it's that anything is possible if the Señor (Lord) is on your side. I trust that everything is happening according to his will, and I'll just keep going, doing the best I can to fit in with what he wants me to do. Overall, this week was really rough, but it's nothing new. 

On the bright side, the Colombians are still talking to us, so were gonna work that from all angles. 

FAMILY: I love and miss you guys!!! You are all some of the best people I know, and I'm honored to be your son, brother, and grandson. 

Keep the faith, we're gonna make it through together! 

MOM! I love you, you're my HERO! 

See y'all soon - Elder Jimenez



On top of all of the frustrations of the week, Alex told me that they are changing up the way they do money in the mission and now they are getting it on the 1st and 15th. Since they had to pay all their bills the first half of the month, they were out of money by today (the 14th) and he had to buy groceries and pay for the internet for both himself and Aguilar... So that was another sore spot. I reminded him that it's really just a few dollars, but it was just the idea of it that had him frustrated. 

AND... even though he didn't receive any of the packages for his birthday, he did buy himself a harmonica (he thinks it will be fun to play on the street) and he had the birthday present that I slipped into his suitcase before he left for the MTC. Honestly, I wasn't sure if he would wait for his birthday to open it, but he did. That makes me feel a little happiness about him being so far away!

And to Jose:
So much news... the question that's burning on my mind though is if BYU got into the Big 12 or not. What happened there??? 

The Columbianos are progressing well, but slowly. No new investigators and Aguilar... read the biggie no mas. 

Trump was everywhere this week, and it just kind of makes me sad and more tired, but I'm just gonna not think about it, and everything will salir bien (turn out OK). Brendan is a boss, love that guy! 

As far as college football, you successfully made me trunky, so good job there haha! Don't stop though, cause hearing about football is one of the highlights of my week lol! GO BADGERS! 

As far as Skype goes, we'll see, but right now, I've got to take things day by day, so you'll have to forgive me if I forget about Christmas for now haha! 

I seriously miss just being able to chill with you and Mom, and just be tranqy, but the day will come. As for now, I'm gonna keep going hard, fighting for the end of the transfer, and we'll see how things go from there. It's sad, 'cause although we had a perfect baptism, I'm just kind of sick of Rio Gallegos and want to leave it behind. We'll see. 

Thanks for all you do Dad, you always give me more animo (enthusiasm) than I had before! 

I love you!!! - Elder Son


No comments:

Post a Comment