Monday, October 24, 2016

Rio Gallegos A, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 6... I don't care for this dog!

I noted from my journal this week, so this one's gonna be good >:D 

First, tell the ward to keep praying for the missionaries, cause it's working. Field Crescent ward is soooo legit, I love those guys! 

Sofia sounds as capa (awesome) as ever, but if she loses that 4.0, I officially win. Tell her that, and then I bet she'll stop procrastinating MWAHAHAHA! 

Alright, so here's what happened: The week started off with Super PDay. Bowling with an asado (BBQ) that was legit. The bowling was ghetto though, en vez de (instead of) a machine, they had two dudes behind the lanes that would put the pins back up and send the balls back on a little ramp. It was hilarious! 

Luisa and Eduardo officially started feeding us. We had a dinner with them, and it was dope. We ate pizza and talked about Donald Trump (if you haven't noticed, he's kind of the hot topic down here). He's not actually winning is he? 

Next dope thing that happened was that we got some spiritual guidance to visit Jose in the morning a couple days ago, and he was in a bad hangover. He had drank the night away for a friend's birthday, and he felt horrible. He told us that he never does stuff like that, and he felt way bad. So we cleaned his house, taught La Palabra de Sabiduria (Word of Wisdom), and tossed all his wine and ash trays. It was soooo dope, it made me think of Dad's story about Abuelo dumping out his alcohol haha! 

Next crazy thing, we were contacting this week, and we contacted a door with a little metal window in it, and when I knocked, this crazy dude opened the window without his shirt on. He started saying "Tom Hanks, Tom Hanks, Tom Hanks" The guy told me that I was the reincarnation of young Tom Hanks. He then told me that he believed in the gathering of Israel by Yahweh, the tithing system of the Adventistas (Seventh Day Adventists), and the angel Moroni. He told me he loved America and would die for the United states. I told him that we had to go, and he told me "If they ever find a cure for me, I'll go to your church, but right now, I need to go to the toilet" Just like that lol!!! His name's Mario, but we call him Tom Hanks lol!!! 

I got bit by a dog for the first time this week, it was dope though, because I was like "Owwwwwww!..... DUDE MARK THAT ONE OF THE LIST! I'm that much closer to being a real missionary!" I didn't even get in a kick in on the mutt, he better clear out of town. 

So, big news of the week... BOBA FETT IS HEADED TO TATOOINE! Bobadilla got transferred. My new comp is Elder Aguilar from Santiago, Chile. He'll be getting here tomorrow morning. Here's the craziest thing though. He has 3 months less than me. I officially subired (rose) from junior comp to senior comp and district leader, What a power trip! I'm actually way nervous, but it'll be a job, no mas (nothing more)

Alright, a couple things more, we ate A TON this week, so I'll need to do extra excercises lol! We finally got to go to Consejo de Barrio (Ward Council), and now they love us, so todo bien alli (so all is good there)

Also, Sunday, I set my asistence (attendance) record. 5 asistencias (5 investigators came)! Luisa and Eduardo came with their whole family, and they all loved it! Orlando also came with Josefina. He just needs to get married, and we'll get him in the water. Jose didn't come though, so I'll need to see what happened there... HERMANO SALFATE CAME THOUGH! He's a menos activo (less active member) that we've been working on all transfer, and he finally came! We're finally starting to see the success in this area. Me and Bobadeesh planted, now it's time for me and Aguilar to COSECHAR (HARVEST)!!!! 

Family, I LOVE YOU GUYS! I hope you know I actually mean that, I think about you guys so much! Tell all the cousins I love em! Tell Franny that I love her! TELL ABUELA THAT SU POLLO LE AMA! Mom, YOU MY NUMBER 1 (until I get married of course but as of right now) YOU MY NUMBER 1! 

Love you guys! - Elder Jimenez


And to Jose...
Oh BYU... how you pain me. The worst part of this season is that we lost the majority of the big games and we lost em by 1 or 2 points every time. Sigh... How about my Pats though? Hows the G.O.A.T. doing? Haha!!! 

That 50 miler sounds absolutely brutal, but that's totally sick that you got to see wild mustangs! It's funny that Mom was freaking out about not having cell service, because down here, you drive 5 minutes outside of the city, and it's a black hole haha!!! (To my credit, we weren't 5 minutes out, we were 100 miles out in the middle of NOWHERE and had no connection to anyone if something went wrong... 5 minutes out of the city is nothing to worry about!)

The Vargas family totally rocks, the Hermana loves me like a son. I highly offended their daughter the other day though, cause she noticed my brand new San Lorenzo key chain, and she's a die hard River fan (he's talking about the various Argentine soccer teams). We'll see how that goes lol. I chose San Lorenzo because their jerseys are sick, they're a decent team, and because when I enter a new house, and the people ask me Boca or River, I tell them CASLdA (meaning - Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro) and nobody ever gets offended haha! 

About Pres. Cutini, the sad thing is that I don't blame him (for banning the missionaries from Ward Council). Let's just say that there might have been a lack of tact in the companionship before I got here... It was dope though because we finally got to go to Consejo del Barrio (ward council), and I got to show the members that we actually work and can be trusted, and thanks to the Consejero de la Mision (one of the counselors in the mission presidency), Pres Vidal, the ward is now a ton more prepared to receive new converts. So I'm excited there. 

I was thinking about taking pics of the pensh, I deep cleaned it today (now that Fett won't be here to make messes lol) so I'll take some pics and send them next week. 

As for American politics, believe it or not, I've heard a ton about them. The Argentines watch the debates for fun. Legit, I was in the house of some members last night, and the Hermana was like "I love watching their debates, they're hilarious" They HATE Trump down here. Hate him. And I do too. My dueño (landlord) asked me what I would do if Trump didn't let me reenter the country, and I told him "Dame una arma y llamàme Elder Chè Guevara!" (Give me a gun and call me Elder Che Guevara!) He loved it haha! My history nerdiness finally pays off :D 

Anyways, so happy that the family is doing good! I think about you guys every day. Thank you sooooo much for being a good father and raising me in the strait and narrow path. I'll make you proud! 

LOVE YOU DAD! - Elder Guevara


No comments:

Post a Comment