Monday, October 17, 2016

Rio Gallegos A, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 5... Ether 12:6

This week though... WHAT A MIRACLE. Those of you that read my last post know that last week sucked. Emotionally, and spiritually, it just sucked. It was like all the sucky parts of the mission caught up to me, and made me start doubting everything. Luckily, home boy stayed true, and this week was DE DIEZ (top ten). Some of the dope things that happened: 

LUISA AND EDUARDO! ¡Que capos que son! (They are awesome!) We taught them a second time, they all continued accepting it really well, and they came to District Conference this Sunday, and loved it! Luisa totally knew a ton of people from her active days, so the hermanamiento (fellowshipping) was turned up :D (This is the couple that they found last week, that he didn't want to mention. She's a less active (10+years) member and the husband and children accepted a baptismal date.) 

JOSE: mas o menos (so-so) investigator, that this week decided to be a capo (awesome). Los Elderes de Calafate (The Elders from Calafate) came down, and me an Elder Tiff (MTC District) slapped a fecha (baptismal date) down on Jose an hour before the priesthood session of conference on Saturday, then Jose came to priesthood sesh, Luis's baptism (investigator of the hermanas) in between, then the adult session after. Then he also came to the session on Sunday. SEVEN hours of church in 2 days, and the hermanamiento (fellowshipping) was, as Sofia would say, LIT. 

LOS LEIVE: Capos from the ward (Awesome ward members) that fed us twice this week. 

LOS VARGAS: my favorite family in the mission thus far, they also fed us and the elders of calafate 2 days in a row this week. They love me, and I love them! 

ELDER TIFANNY: Elder Tiff gifted me a BOCA (Argentine soccer team) jersey, then we got to work together for 2 days, that was dope. 

ORLANDO: Boba Fett and Elder Nelson worked some last minute magic, and convinced Orlando to propose to Josefina, so if that goes through, he's back on the table for baptisms. 

JOSE AND ANDERSON: 2 nuevos (two new investigators) that I found with Elder Tifanny, they're from Columbia so they're SO FREAKIN' EASY TO UNDERSTAND! Plus they're capos (bosses/awesome), so I'm pumped for that. 

KEVIN: Mi cuñado me escribio dos semanas en seguida! ¡Te quiero chè! (My brother-in-law wrote me two weeks in a row! Love you bro!) 

PRES CUTINI: The branch president had problems with Bobadeesh before, but I talked it out with Pres, and now we've got an invite to consejo del barrio (ward council)

All in all, this week was the best week of my entire mission! Ether 12:6 - wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. That's true y'all! I also strengthened my testimony a ton this week! Plus I actually got to chat with my beloved mother, so that's the cherry on top. 

To my family, I LOVE YOU GUYS! Keep the prayers up, and were gonna get somewhere out here. Be good, read the BOM, and pray a lot! 

MOM, I LOVE YOU!!!!! - Elder Jimenez :D 

PS: Sofia, write me ya bum! <- you have no idea how many times Nikki called me that while she was on her mission lol


And to Jose...
GOOOOOO COUGS! Gimme a break, this is the only hour of the week that I have for college football, let me have my fun haha! Is Jamaal gonna be around as well when I get home? I'm pretty sure that yes, he will, but I want to make sure. Ultimate team 2018 y'all, CFP LET'S GOOOOO! 

Anyways, Dad, I really appreciate the motivation you give me each week. It's significant how much strength I actually draw from your experiences and what you share with me. DANCING QUEENS IS PLAYING IN THE CIBER. Alright, now that I got that out, seriously, thanks. I think it's funny that Grandpa still remembers his dud comps, 'cause I just thought, Dude I'm gonna remember Hernandez forever!!!! Lol. But you'll be happy to read this week's email, I think the deck painting payed off a bit :P (Jose gave him the Karate Kid example of hard work that seems meaningless...)

Still so happy for BYU, I feel like the kid where Larry's like, "It's just one loss kid" and then I'm like "You're right. WE'VE STILL GOT A CHANCE! WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!" Lol! Sorry that work sucks right now for you, but just remember that you get to watch college football and speak English, so count your blessings :) 

LOVE YOU DAD!!! - Elder Super Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment