Friday, April 22, 2016

MTC - Week 3... Halfway Through!

Momma,

I brought my camera to the lab, but I can't figure out how to upload photos onto my email, so I'll just start writing this email, have someone show me how to get the pictures on in about 6 minutes, then I'll upload some. 



This week was semi-­eventful. The first thing that comes to mind is my permanent retainer. I think it was on Monday, while I was trying to get the last little bit of cream cheese out of a cream cheese packet, half of my retainer popper off and started poking me. It was early in the morning, so my judgement was impaired, plus the thing was really bugging me, so I tried to twist it off, and it just made it worse. So me and Elder Thomas went to the clinic (and now I'm remembering that this was actually on Saturday) and THE CLINIC IS CLOSED ON SATURDAYS! So we had to get dressed to get into 1M and go to the front desk. I was really stressing, so I just said a personal prayer and really pleaded that somehow, I'd get some real help. When we went to the front desk, that lady called the on call dentist and he said that he could get me in two hours later. Pumped. We got to leave campus, which in itself was a blessing, and when I got to the dentist, he didn't just clip the bad part off. He took the whole thing off and put on a new one. And to make things even better, my temporary retainer still fits! Church is so true. Heavenly Father really does take care of his missionaries.

So, I've got a load of laundry to get out of the dryer, so I'll go ask someone how to upload pictures, and I'll tell you more later. ­ Elder Jimenez

Alright, now I'm gonna discuss all the other stuff that I didn't tell you this morning. First off, I found a scripture for my missionary plaque. It's 1 Nephi 7:12, read it, it has really helped me here. I also found a scripture for you Mom, it's in Alma 19:23, and it says "Now we see that Ammon could not be slain, for the Lord had said unto Mosiah, his father: I will spare him, and it shall be unto him according to thy faith - therefore, Mosiah trusted him unto the Lord". Trust in the Lord Mom! 

Anyways, my foot is mostly healed from that ankle sprain - the pick up basketball competition is INTENSE. Spanish is coming along (although Basic Core is not). Taco Bell catered the other day, and it was really good until later that night when it wasn't. But I'm actually doing really well.

Elder Thomas (who's the tall one with glasses by the way) and I volunteered to take on another investigator, so now we have 4 investigators to prepare for and teach. I'm growing slowly but surely. I've changed enough that I think coming home would be weird now. 



My zone is finally getting new elders and sisters today so that's exciting. I also finally got my district organized to the degree that it should be. It's good that I was able to get it organized before the newbies came in, because now they can have an example of what to do, unlike my district. 

Tell Sofia that I'm super impressed with her block percentage, that's incredible. And the whole dress thing is awesome, leave it to you to find a good deal. I'm honestly doing pretty fine with homesickness, but I do love you guys! I'm excited to see what you think of my pictures! Halfway through (the MTC)! - your loving son, Elder Awesome... I mean Jimenez :)


Hey one more thing, last little email, I don't think we packed my calf sleeves, but those might be nice to have, because I've been getting shin splints. I'm using ace wraps right now, so it's not too urgent, but it would be nice. Also some stain stick (I could probably get it here, but I'm milkin' this whole Utah situation). 



Also could you get me Abuela's email? I want to thank her for the chocolate cake. I just want to let you guys (the family) know that I love you sooooo much! Thank you for all the support! - Elder Jimenez








No comments:

Post a Comment