Wednesday, April 13, 2016

MTC - Week 2... I think I'm Starting to Hit my Stride

Hey Mom! 

Thanks soooooo much for the packages, all the stuff is great but knowing that people still care about me is even better haha! (The spoiled child ended up with TWO packages from me and one from Karl's family this week!!!)

The second week was a total grind, some up's, tons of down's. I'm really learning how to be tough and not complain though, so that's good. Classes are alright, my teachers are... alright haha. Hermana Boyce (one of my teachers) seemed a lot happier this week, which was good. As for Spanish v.s. the Gospel, it's a pretty even mix. We talk about a Spanish principle, then we go into different ways to teach people... in Spanish haha. There's actually tons of memorization because of this new program called Basic Core which I absolutely abhor. I have to memorize 400 words, 150 phrases, and 7 scriptures in 10 days. So that sucks haha. 

As for the scripture on my plaque, I'll get back to you later today. 

The temple is awesome, it was good to see Abuela. It was also really refreshing to go through as a patron. 

Things with my district are 95% good, the hermanas get sick a ton, but it's okay because I've had the opportunity to give 2 priesthood blessing for the sick already. Elder Thomas is still the bomb.com, and he says thanks for sending those candies with nuts and peanut butter in them. He said "Your ma is awesome!" and the way he says "Ma" is legendary. 

I haven't seen Laboriel's yet, but I'll keep an eye out. One of the Elders from our mission - who Jose lived with, but was never companions with; and a Zone Leader of mine called last night to catch up with Jose. He is just dropping his daughter off at the MTC today!

Now I'll give you  a short little summary of some things that happened since last Wednesday (if I can remember anything...) I joined the MTC choir with the rest of my district and we performed on Sunday, which was awesome. Chick-fil-a catered dinner on Sunday, which was heaven even though I spilled on my pants AGAIN. On the day he entered the MTC, we went to Chick-fil-A on the way, and when he opened the sauce packet... it exploded all over him. Needless to say, he was NOT happy about it! And now it happened again... I'm thinking Chick-fil-A has it out for him!

Elder Thomas and I taught our first legit investigators this week. Our lesson with this Chilean named Nicolas was really good! We didn't have hardly any time to plan, but we just asked questions, kept the answers Christ-centered, and he really seemed to respond well. 

I rolled my ankle really bad the other day while playing basketball, so I was in rehab for a couple days, but it's okay now. 

I love you soooooooo much, please tell Karl's family thanks for the package. I have the greatest family ever! 

Love you guys - Elder Jimenez

Oops... I totally forgot my camera back in the room both times today!!! Isn't hearing from me enough???? 😆 Anyways, I love you Mom! I'll email you a bit more next week! - your one and only son 😘

I told him, "half way through the MTC is too long to wait!" to which he replied... Next week will be extra special. FIRST PICS hahahaha...

And to Jose... I'm growing a ton spiritually and emotionally, but I'm still staying original. Mom's packages are really awesome cause they make me feel special, so that's great. I've only been here 2 weeks but it feels like 2 years. Basketball is still hardcore, I rolled my ankle uber bad and I was out for a couple days. I'm totally doing my own laundry so that's, in the words of Elder Thomas, "OG". Anyways, things are tough, slow, but good. I think I'm starting to hit my stride out here, so cross your fingers and pray for me please. Love you dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment