Monday, April 23, 2018

Rama Chacra, Zona Rio Grande - Week 6... This it guys! The last letter!

This it guys! The last letter!

More than anything, I just want to leave a testimony about missions. It's just worth it to serve. I'm grateful to have been an instrument in the Lord's hands. I'm grateful to have been able to pass through some hard things for the Lord, and also for all the beautiful things I was able to experience. I've made friends that will last through all this life and throughout the eternities. I've had the blessings to be the means through the which the Lord has brought his Gospel to individuals and families. Along the way, I came to love a people and a culture. I learned the tongue of my ancestors and was able to preach the Gospel through the Gift of Tongues. The Lord had molded me into a better version of myself. There are still many changes needed, but I've come to know that as one is obedient and puts their trust in the Lord, then changes will come. I have a testimony of the Spirit. I know that Jesus Christ guides indirectly and directly the work of every worthy missionary through His Holy Spirit. All the successes that I've had come from His spiritual contributions. I love this Gospel! It brings joy and hope to my life! Repentance is liberating, and my heart has truly been changed! To all who are contemplating whether they will serve or not, I invite you to take into consideration this question: The Lord Jesus Christ suffered for all your sins and weaknesses, and even died for you, but then miraculously conquered death, all for you and your loved ones. So how much are you willing to give to Him?

However, if we're going to embark in the service of God, whether it be in the mission, or ministering on the home front, then do it with your heart, or don't do it. The Lord wants faithful servants, who are obedient, and serve because they want to, not because they feel obligated to. So if you feel obligated by your friends and family to come out to the mission field, be warned that the road will be rough, and obedience will be a challenge. That doesn't mean though that you shouldn't go. The blessings that I have received from the service I have given are so immense that I don't even think I can call it service. It's like King Benjamin explained, that when we're obedient, we are blessed immediately, therefore making us debtors once again to the Lord. I am completely and totally indebted to the Lord for all the blessings that my family and I have received for serving this mission. So if you feel obligated to get out on a mission, PLEAD with the Lord to give you the desire to come. REPENT of your sins, and let the Atonement work in your life. STUDY Preach my Gospel and the Book of Mormon. SERVE and minister to your neighbors. There is no greater work than missionary work, and in the last day, when the saints of all dispensations are gathered together, you won't want to miss out on the opportunity to be able to say that you were a missionary of Jesus Christ in the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times.

It's two years. It's not even that long. So just do it!

I love you guys! See you soon!

MOM! Thank you so much for managing the blog these two years. I'm excited to see you :) LOVE YOU!




No comments:

Post a Comment