Monday, December 5, 2016

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 12... Wait for it...

Wow! So much to say this week! I'm going to start by responding to some of your questions: There was no surprise visit, personally I think they just told us that to get us to clean the pensiones, I also did not receive any packages. When Elder Cole came to Rio, they sent a mini misionero from my rama (branch) to Calafate (Cole's area), so that's how that worked out and they didn't have to close an area for the two weeks. The rest of your questions will probs be answered later. 

As for what's going on back home... Good for Nick (he got engaged last weekend), I'M FREAKIN' PUMPED FOR YOU AND SOFIA!!!!, and the burritos sound really good right now (we helped make 900 burritos on Saturday for the SLC homeless), so ya'll should send me some jaja! 

And now to all the crazy things that happened this week >:) So, P-Day after the ciber was sick because we balled for DAYS! Cole was his high school's point guard, so he beat me, but I actually gave him a run for his money, which was surprising!!! 

This week we ate fried chicken twice, which was legendary, and we also made a ton of tuna sandwiches. My new love for tuna sandwich is a further realization of my nightmare that I'm slowly becoming Dad... HELP ME, I CAN'T STOP!!! 

FRIED CHICKEN!!!

By the way, just in case ya'll didn't notice, I cumplired (completed) 8 months this week, so that was a logro grande (an accomplishment). Big news to come, but ya'll will have to wait just a little bit longer... 

As far as the visit of the Seventy on Miercoles (Wednesday), he bajared caña (scolded us - literal translation=beat with a cane) so that was fun. The really sick part though was that I had had a throat cold for days before, and I had been praying a ton that I would heal quickly, so that I wouldn't totally suck in the choir that we were doing for Elder Teixera. So the day arrived, and I still felt sick. So I was feeling a bit bad about that, and then, when we go to sing, in the five minutes that it took to sing each song, even though my throat still hurt a bit, the music came out sounding good! The rusty pipes worked! It was an awesome miracle for me :) It was also pretty cool to see some old friends from Rio Grande like Elder MacDonald, as well as ELDER CLARK (<- capo) who came from Caleta to play piano for us. 

So now I have 3 great stories to warm you all up for the big news. 

First one: DIA DE SERVICIO (day of service)! Prepare to pee your pants. So Thursday was El Dia de Servicio Mundial (the Worldwide Day of Service), and we had been going around, animaring (pumping up) members to go out and do service, and we were walking, when this little dog came running by, being chased by this little old guy. The old dude stopped to rest, and I was like "Is that your dog?" and he was like "Yeah", so then Elder Cole and I just looked at each other, and I was like "We'll get that for you" Yes for service! So the dog crossed the street, and started sniffing some weeds. So I start approaching it from the back, and Elder Cole came in from the side to corner it. I got close, and it started to trot towards Elder Cole, so he tried to grab it, and it ran past him, into the street, and it got PLASTERED by a taxi!!!! It broke the bumper, then got dragged at least 3 meters under the car and spit out the other end! Here's the crazy thing though, the dog got up and kept running!!!! I'm pretty sure that sick old man had injected that dog with ecstasy or something, cause it was nuts!!!! I looked over at Elder Cole, and he looked like he was about to cry, and I just started laughing like crazy!!! The only time you ever see anything like that is on freakin' Cartoon Network man, it was soooooo funny!!!! So that's the first story. 

Second: FAMILIA BAIER! A couple nights ago, we went over to the Baier's house to teach one of the charlas de retencion (new member discussions), and we passed the night with them. It was soooo sick. They had empanadas, and they had some of their nonmember sobrinas (nieces) there, so we got to teach them as well. I essentially love that family almost as much as my own, they're incredible! 

Alright, now to the third, LOS COLUMBIANOS! So yesterday, we were contacting, when Jose called us to cancel the cita (appointment) we had in an hour because he said Anderson was too tired. So I was feeling bad about that, and we started to walk to another investigator, when Anderson passed by in his car, and called us over. He was like "I just went to the Anonima (Argentine grocery chain), and now I'm not tired, so y'all need to come over" DOPE. So we went, woke Jose up, and had a de diez leccion (great lesson). The best part was when Anderson's pareja (wife) came. I had been using little papers earlier to explain the Apostasy, and then I used them to illustrate a situation to Anderson to help him understand why he needs to have a good testimony. So I was like, this is our church with a little piece of paper, and then there was another piece of paper which represented his wife's church. So I said, what happens if your wife comes, with her pastor, to try to convince you to stop going to our church? Right before he answered, his pareja came in to ask him a question. So he gets up, and says "Veni aca, y escucha la palabra de Dios. Esta aca, es mi iglesia, la iglesia verdadera, y la otra, es su iglesia, la iglesia de las MENTIRAS! Escucha ahora, y deja los chicos para convencerte venir a nuestra iglesia" :D ("Come here, and listen to the Word of God. This here is my church, the true church, and the other is your church, the church of LIES! Now, listen and let the missionaries convince you to come to our church!") I was DYING laughing!!! She let us teach her lesson one, which was essentially like teaching with members, because Jose and Anderson were totally testifying to her, and she agreed to come to church with us this next Sunday. CHURCH IS TRUE Y'ALL! 

Alright, now for the news that you've all been waiting for... I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!!!! Friday night, we were listening to traslados in the celular (transfers on the cell phone), and the first thing we hear is that Elder Cole is going back to Calafate. So we were pretty much crushed, when then we heard Elder Morales say "and now for the biggest news of the night. Elder Jose Alexander Jimenez, usted ha sido llamado para servir en el area de.... CENTRO A. Todavia lol (Elder Jose Alexander Jimenez, you have been called to serve in the area of Centro A, still... lol). Y su nuevo compañero va a ser... SU HIJO PORQUE USTED ENTRENARA! (And your new companion is going to be... YOUR SON BECAUSE YOU ARE TRAINING!)" Holy. Nuts. I'm legit in a mission right now where nobody trains until the year, so just imagine how slapped in the face I felt when he told me that I was going to train! Now I have a mix of emotions. Mostly scared and excited. So by next week, we'll know who my comp is. I've heard that all the missionaries coming in are latinos, so he's probably not gringo! I'm going up to Comodoro tomorrow night to pick up my hijito (it's an 11 hour bus ride to Comodoro)! SO NUTS!!! 

Anyways, this suuuper huge email is finally done, 

FAM. I love yall. KEEP GOING WITH THEM GOALS, and pray for Nikki! MOM, I LOVE YOU! 
- Elder Now Even More Like Dad Cause I Have A Son!



Elder Alegre, the other missionary that Elder Wilhelm trained
(my brother, I only have 2, so it was sick to meet him)

I asked about the Hermanas... Hermana Rodriguez is going to Caleta (tear) and Hna. Gervasoni is training with me. We're gonna be running a jardin infantil (nursery school) in my district lol! And yes, I'm still DL as well.


My first district (as DL)
Left to right is Elder Cole, me, Hna Rodriguez, y Hna Gervasoni

No comments:

Post a Comment