Monday, December 12, 2016

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 13... I'm a DAD!!!

Hey y'all! 

We actually reached Monday... It feels like I haven't emailed in years jaja! Anyways, this week was definitely eventful. Me and Cole finished our short companionship (tear) with SUSHI! There's this sushi place in my area that I'd never tried, so we went there and ate sushi. And it was good. And that's it jaja!



We sent Cole off to Calafate at around 7pm on Monday, then I stayed the night with Elder Ward. I had a little crisis in the morning, because the zone leaders told me that I was leaving at 8 at night on Tuesday, then they called me in the morning and told me that my colectivo was in the terminal and was about to leave. Fastest packing I've ever done!!! I made it though, so we're good. 

Comodoro was eventful. We ended up getting up there Tuesday night. I had some letters from Abuela, as well as the envelopes you sent me Mom, and my packages are in Comodoro, but the hermano in charge of American packages doesn't know how to get them out of aduanas (customs), because he's new, so no Americans are getting packages, and they're probs getting sent back. Tear, but it's not the end of the world! 

Anyways, I met the nuevitos (new missionaries) in the morning on Wednesday at breakfast. Fun fact, the mission closed down their big pensh in Comodoro, so now the visitors stay in a hotel by the coast, so that's sick (when Alex arrived in the mission he stayed in the "big pensh" with the AP's. That was the one with the sketchy 3 level bunkbeds!)

Anyways, I met the new guys in the breakfast area, Elder Taylor from Texas and Elder Allen from Draper. GRINGOS EVERYWHERE. Me and Elder Taylor instantly hit it off, and we were joking quick, Elder Allen was a bit quiet. After breakfast, we proselyted for bit. I went with Taylor, he's a capo for sure. After that, we had lunch, some capacitaciones (training), then more proselyting. By chance, I got to go with Elder Taylor again, and we got into a house and taught his first lesson of the mish. It was sick!!! 


The classic training pics. I'm a father!

The next day - Thursday, we found out comps. ELDER ALLEN! Elder Taylor even told me as he was leaving for his colectivo "Dude, Araujos my dad, but you're at least like my stepdad or something!" 

The kid doesn't speak a lick of Spanish. But he is really obedient, has good faith, and is trying, so that's all I can ask for. To give you guys an idea of the kind of guy he is, just think of a short, even skinnier Tyler Lamoreax. Their personalities are way similar! The only thing out of him that I can see as something that I don't like is when he pulled the giant, red, UofU blanket out of his bag... NOOOOO! It's like the spirit leaves the pensh... He's dope though, so were having a good time :) 

CUPCAKES FROM AMERICA
HOLY CRAP BEST DAY OF MY LIFE 
CHURCH IS TRUE 
#ILUMINA EL MUNDO 
#VAN NOY IS A PATRIOT 
#THIS WAS MY CELEBRATION WITHOUT ACTUALLY KNOWING THAT HE WAS PART OF THE TEAM WOOOOOO!!!

Not gonna lie, it's really stressful to have so many responsibilities. I'm comp mayor (senior), training, with a district to take care of. And the district has hermanas. GEEZ. I take it as it comes though, and just try to stay positive and on top of things. The other new hermana is from Paraguay.

Jose and Anderson both came to church, but left after the first hour because they were running on 4 hours of sleep. I was pumped that they even came. Anderson's wife didn't have ganas though, so we'll have to keep chippin' away at her, and hope and pray for a better situation next week. 

Everything else is pretty normal. I feel like I'm growing and learning out here, very slowly, but getting there. At this point in my mission, I'm being taught less by the mission, and now I need to really start searching to learn if I want to keep growing. So that's fun :) 

Overall, I'm doing good. I'm freakin' pumped about how dope my family is. You guys seriously inspire me, you're doing so many good things, and making so many good choices, and sometimes it just make me think about what family reunions in the celestial kingdom are gonna be like ;) I LOVE YOU GUYS! LOVE YOU MOM! Enjoy your week ;) AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THURSDAY MOM!!!!!! You made me the way I am, I owe so much to you! You're an incredible woman, and deserve all the blessings that are going to come to you in the next year of your life! 

I LOVE YOU (again) ;) 
- Elder MAMAS BOY




No comments:

Post a Comment