Monday, February 13, 2017

Rio Gallegos Centro, Zona Rio Gallegos - Week 22... All the glory to God

BAUTISMO!!!! Everyone can stop questioning, cause now y'all know! Carlos was baptized and confirmed without a problem :) By far the highlight of the week! 


Starting this transfer, I didn't have the faith that I was going to baptize again in Rio Gallegos, but God helped me with my faith, and shows me constantly that miracles are possible. All the glory to him! 


After that, not a lot more happened during the week. On Monday, I gave in to temptation, and used some of my Christmas money to buy 1. a trucho BOCA jersey (I've officially left San Lorenzo in the dust cause they're not big enough for an extranjero like me) and 2. an ORIGINAL Argentine seleccion jersey. I'll take pics next week, they're sick!!! 


On Tuesday, Carlos almost decides to not get baptized cause he got mad at his friend (ohhhhhh Carlos, pure drama) but we were able to calm him down, and he reset the fecha :) 


The week of work was really dry. We taught very little, but we contacted a ton! To help y'all put it in perspective, a high number of contacts per week that a good companionship of missionaries gets is 50. We had 100 this week. LOTS OF CONTACTING! 


We had a conference with President this week (which is why he was at the bautismo). It was really good, and helped me continue to develop faith to find and baptize. Presidente Salerno really knows what he's doing! We also had entrevistas afterwards, and it was good to hear that I'm training well. I always feel like I'm not doing well enough, but Pres helped me see that I'm doing a good job :) The entrevistas ended way late though, so we had way little time to empty the font. To remind you guys, the font drain is broken, so we have to empty it with buckets. By the time we finished, it was already 10:30pm, and the Zone Leaders (who had showed up later to help us) had already called a taxi. So we just put on our suit coats, and now y'all have that sweet pic XD 




The crazy way we were dressed after emptying the font late at night 
and being forced to leave by the ZLs before we could change 

The bautismo was perfect! Carlos gave a great testimony afterwards. He really seems like he's gonna be a great member. Sunday was tranqy no mas. So yeah, pretty sweet week :) 


FAMILY: I miss you guys! I'm not trunky at all, but I do think about you guys and pray for y'all a lot! Hope you're well. So happy that Sofia's a boss, and I want the whole world to know it! MOM: You're the jefa, keep Dad in line! 


I LOVE YOU! Love you guys! - Elder Jimenez



Some cool investigators that left on vacation until March, so I took their pic :P




Rainbow out the window of our Pensh...

PS - Although all of the packages have now been returned to the states, I did receive the non-package shutterfly calendar and I love all the family pics in it!





No comments:

Post a Comment