Tuesday, February 27, 2018

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 28... Last trip to Ushuaia

Hey everybody :) 

I'm glad to hear that Madi's funeral was so beautiful! I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation that Heavenly Father gave us! He really does love and has a plan for us! 

This week, once again, is a bit of a blur. What happens is that I've been in the office, and now in the mission in general, for a loooooong time, and the routine just makes everything mush together haha! There are a couple things that I remember though...

Earlier in the week, we flew to Buenos Aires, then flew to Ushuaia. Elder Singh couldn't come because he hadn't finished the tramites that he needed to complete to be able to travel. He snoozed and lost! Poor kid though haha! Aaaaanyways, one pretty cool thing that happened in Buenos Aires was that we traveled, for the first time, on a Tuesday. Aeroparque was FULL of missionaries coming and going from their respective missions. It was really cool to meet all of them! 

The craziest part of the day was that we were sitting in the airport McDonald's, waiting for the next flight, and I see a couple of hermanas gringas that were obviously new to the country and didn't know anything about anything, so I went to help them, and BOOM, when I get closer, there's Hermana Soper, from Herriman! I think her name is Ally Soper, she said that she knew Sofia. I recognized her as someone from Herriman, and it was WEIRD! I got really, really nervous, I don't know why, to the point of trembling! I think that seeing someone from home just sent me for a loop. Just be ready for me to be freaked out that first Sunday that I'm home haha! 

Ushuaia went well. The pace of everything lately has been, as the Argentines say, "a las chapas". Consejo, and boom, conferencia. We didn't have much time to plan anything, so it all seemed last minute, but the Spirit has been sustaining me a lot lately! But all in all, everything went well in Ushuaia. The sad part was saying goodbye to Elder Popa. After extending his mission for 4 weeks, he's now headed home. He was a great companion! 


Con el Popaso!

After finishing up in Ushuaia, we returned to BA, and had to stay the night because there were not any other flights that day. We were able to go to Parque 3 de Febrero, which was cool. This is where Melvin J Ballard dedicated South America for the preaching of the gospel, and then, in 2014, Russell M. Ballard, his grandson, dedicated Argentina. 

Parque 3 de Febrero

We also ate Wendy's, which was really, really good. There's nothing better than a Baconator after a 23 month Baconator fast! After sharing lessons 1 and 2 on the flight home, we made it back to Comdoro. 

These past couple days have been more tranqy. We were actually able to get out and proselyte a good deal, which was nice. Even though it's still sometimes hard for me (surprisingly) I really can see that talking with people, even if I know they're going to reject me, comes a lot more naturally now than before. You've gotta love it! 

Overall, I was a very full week! Today we're going to go to Madryn to continue with the conferences. In all that I'm doing, I can see the hand of the Lord. He really does guide this work. The mission once again had a good month, beating last month by a baptism! If we continue like this, the missionary work in the Patagonia will be changed forever! How grateful I am to have been a part of this great work, and how even more grateful I am for the opportunity that I'm going to have in 2 weeks to hit the pavement running for my last 6!

I love the Lord, and I love this work!

FAMILY! I love you guys! I'm happy that you were the chosen souls to be my mother, father, sisters, and brother-in-law. We're going to be an eternal family! MOM! I love your endurance, even in these times of stress and much work. You really are a big hero of mine, and a role model for me. I LOVE YOU! Love all of you guys :) - Elder Jimenez


Congreso Nacional, it's cooler in real life, and not from a car window

Hermano Romano, my Buenos Aires taxi driver (he's a patriarch!)



No comments:

Post a Comment