Monday, August 28, 2017

AP, Zona Comodoro Norte - Week 2... Getting the hang of things

Well, you officially made me trunky with that P.S. jaja! (I told him that David is home, and Mark and Ive get here on Wednesday, so he'll be the only one in the family out on a mission!) Nah, but it's okay, I'm used to being a missionary :) I'm really happy that you're liking the teaching job, because honestly, I was worried that you were going to have to deal with a ton of stupid kids, but if you're liking it, I'm happy. Bien alli BYU, it was a good warm up, now they've got to beat them Tigers! (I think...) It sounds like overall, the family is doing really good, so that makes me happy! 

Down here at the bottom of the earth we're also doing good. It was an interesting week for sure. Earlier in the week, we had consejo (Mission Leadership Mtg), my first consejo as an assistant. It went really, really well. It was weird, because I felt like the Herriman High Spirit Officer all over again jaja! Igual (Even so), it wasn't so much getting the missionaries super pumped up and wild. It was more pumping them up spiritually. It was cool though because I was able to recognize that I have a bit of a gift sensing the general feeling of a crowd, like if they're bored, if they're paying attention, or if they're feeling the spirit. I think it's really going to help me as an assistant. We gave a great training, and from the feedback we received from the zone leaders, it really got to them. If they can transmit it to their missionaries, we're going to have a lot more animo (enthusiasm, encouragement) than before! 

After the consejo, President wanted us to take a visit to Trelew Norte to encourage the zone because they've been a bit bajoneado (down) lately, and when he asked us if we could, I was like "Ooooooooh, yeah I'll take that one for the team ;)" (that was Alex's zone two transfers ago.) I got us a lunch with Familia Millan which was soooooo awesome. I LOVE THOSE GUYS! I also got to visit Enzo Rapiman, Luisa (who absolutely loved the carta (letter) from Abuela!) and of course, Mathew. 

Familia Milan

It was cool because in all the visits I was able to share the gospel and strengthen the faith of someone who was in need. It was great! 

We came back to Comodoro on Saturday, and got to work a bit in our new area. It's full of chetos (wealthy people), and it's going to be hard to find investigators, BUT I HAVE FAITH! We're so going to baptize in September! It'll be hard, especially since we're hitting the road for about 3 weeks on Thursday, but still, I believe in a God of miracles who rewards the diligent! So we'll see how that goes... 

Yesterday there was a conference transmitted to all of Sudamerica Sur (the South America South Region of the church) in which a couple 70s and Elder Rasband spoke. It was mainly addressed to the members to give them animo (encouragement/excitement). By the way, Craig C. Christensen has a way gringo accent :) 

After the conference, we helped some elders in Comodoro Sur to find new investigators. It was really cool for me, because I prayed that we might find the escogidos (elect) quickly, and we only had to do 4 contacts to find 2 new investigators. It was a miracle! It was also really nice because the elders from the area are working really well, getting along, and trying to be obedient. The elder that I worked with, Elder Torres from California, is also my tocayo (Alex) (namesake). I really enjoyed the division. 

We finished the night contacting in our area, and it was pretty standard for a cheto (wealthy) area. Lots of doors in the face. But it's okay, we're going to keep trying nada mas! It's interesting because it's an area that hast been touched (like ever) so there's no area book and no miembros (members) live there, so our only option is contacting. Pray for us! 

Last night, after the contacts, we had a really awesome companion study. We read the Book of Mormon, and it led us to a great discussion. Overall, this week helped me get used to the life of an assistant. Slowly, I'm gaining the confidence of the missionaries, and I feel that as the time passes, Elder Popa and I are going to be able to be instruments in the Lord's hands, and change this mission. 

I know that God listens to our prayers, and He does answer them, so please, pray for my area, and pray for my mission. 

FAMILY! Like I said before, I'm so glad that you guys are doing good. I'm going to continue praying for you all, so that everything continues to go well :) MOM! You deserve your own special part until the end of the mission :) 

I LOVE YOU! Cuidense :) 
- Elder Jimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment